UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

First North Americans book series by Gears

Crispina

While browsing KMart's book shelves today I saw six books in this series, the first being People of The Wolf. Has anyone read this series? They are written by two authors by the name of Gear - Katherine was one? I even looked it up but now have forgotten that quickly. Apparently there are about 20 books in the series. Almost bought the 1st. (POTW) for $4.99, but put it back. Reviews I read online were mixed.

While browsing KMart's book shelves today I saw six books in this series, the first being People of The Wolf. Has anyone read this series? They are written by two authors by the name of Gear - Katherine was one? I even looked it up but now have forgotten that quickly. Apparently there are about 20 books in the series. Almost bought the 1st. (POTW) for $4.99, but put it back. Reviews I read online were mixed.

Oops. I guess I did post this in the wrong forum originally. Sorry!

Crispina - I've read that the books are very good. The Gears have written a ton. I'd be interested if others have read them as well...

In addition to Rome, I am very interested in pre-conquest and conquest-era Mexico, Central and South America. I believe these are focused on North America...

J

Crispina - I've read that the books are very good. The Gears have written a ton. I'd be interested if others have read them as well...

In addition to Rome, I am very interested in pre-conquest and conquest-era Mexico, Central and South America. I believe these are focused on North America...

J

I may try to find the first book of the series at the library.

Library was closed yesterday so went to KMart and bought the first book in the series, began reading last night. Right off the bat, there's a rape. Ugh. But I'm curious how the authors will write this story. Unlike the Under The Eagle series where there are many many written historical records to fall back on, there are only Clovis points and artifacts and archaeology.

In an online review, someone mentioned a Jane Auel? Apparently she has written a similar book series.

Library was closed yesterday so went to KMart and bought the first book in the series, began reading last night. Right off the bat, there's a rape. Ugh. But I'm curious how the authors will write this story. Unlike the Under The Eagle series where there are many many written historical records to fall back on, there are only Clovis points and artifacts and archaeology.

In an online review, someone mentioned a Jane Auel? Apparently she has written a similar book series.

So far, I've made it to Chapter 5; now if I'm able to keep all the names of the characters straight - Runs in Light, Smiles in Sunshine, Dances in Rain, Jumps in Air, Sits on Ground, (ok I made the last three up) I have become Brain Explodes. Whew.

And as long as I'm concentrating, the story is finally forming and promises to be interesting.

So far, I've made it to Chapter 5; now if I'm able to keep all the names of the characters straight - Runs in Light, Smiles in Sunshine, Dances in Rain, Jumps in Air, Sits on Ground, (ok I made the last three up) I have become Brain Explodes. Whew.

And as long as I'm concentrating, the story is finally forming and promises to be interesting.

I've decided to read this book ONLY until I find something else worthwhile, one of the books Nephele posted in another thread.

I've decided to read this book ONLY until I find something else worthwhile, one of the books Nephele posted in another thread.

Which book is that, Crispina? Davis' Saturnalia?

I've never read that series you're currently reading. (You cracked me up with: "I have become Brain Explodes".)

-- Nephele

Which book is that, Crispina? Davis' Saturnalia?

I've never read that series you're currently reading. (You cracked me up with: "I have become Brain Explodes".)

-- Nephele

I'm going to try "Year of the Passover" by John Hagan, one that you listed. Will probably have to wait until next month's pay to buy it, not sure if it would be in the library yet or not. Guess I should check there first.