UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Roman Legions Quiz.

This is a quiz I made about the Roman Legions. I wanted to see how you guys like it and what scores you get. To participate you really do have to know a lot about the different legions and where they were stationed etc. I have proofread it, but knowing me there might be a mistake or two, so if you spot any mistakes I am sorry about that.

http://www.funtrivia.com/quizdetails.cfm?quiz=320819

Congrats on an interesting and challenging quiz. Not sure about the famous vanishing ninth in Scotland though, as I thought the latest opinion was that they vanished later, in Germany or Judea.

Also (and this is perhaps somewhat nitpicking) the Pompeian legions from Spain were disbanded and reformed a couple of times before they became permanent establishments, and in this they were more like the original legions of the Republic which only lasted for a campaign.

However, I'm sure that others who specialize in this field will be able to add more informed comment. I got the one about Diocletiana wrong (drat!) so will retaliate with a legion trivia question of my own.

Which legion was originally raised by a non-Roman king?

Congrats on an interesting and challenging quiz. Not sure about the famous vanishing ninth in Scotland though, as I thought the latest opinion was that they vanished later, in Germany or Judea.

Also (and this is perhaps somewhat nitpicking) the Pompeian legions from Spain were disbanded and reformed a couple of times before they became permanent establishments, and in this they were more like the original legions of the Republic which only lasted for a campaign.

However, I'm sure that others who specialize in this field will be able to add more informed comment. I got the one about Diocletiana wrong (drat!) so will retaliate with a legion trivia question of my own.

Which legion was originally raised by a non-Roman king?

Thank for telling me what I have done wrong. I am making another quiz and I shall try for harder questions.

~Also, I have no idea. You got me, I honestly don't know that question's answer :(