UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Etruscan home 'unique discovery'

Archaeologists have unearthed a beautifully preserved Etruscan house in western Italy in the first ever discovery of its kind. The 2,400-year-old building, uncovered at the archaeological site of Vetulonia near the Tuscan coast, is one of only a handful of Etruscan homes ever found. Nearly everything known about Etruscans has come from their extensive network of tombs. The remarkable condition of the house makes the discovery even more exceptional, say experts...

...read the full article at ANSA

Archaeologists have unearthed a beautifully preserved Etruscan house in western Italy in the first ever discovery of its kind. The 2,400-year-old building, uncovered at the archaeological site of Vetulonia near the Tuscan coast, is one of only a handful of Etruscan homes ever found. Nearly everything known about Etruscans has come from their extensive network of tombs. The remarkable condition of the house makes the discovery even more exceptional, say experts...

...read the full article at ANSA

It's so interesting, I wish I could see this building. Thanks for posting, I love coming here and reading these threads.

Excuse me for being OT, but what the h-- is this?! http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/photogaller...1818761070.html

Unless I'm mistaken this looks to be a similar (but later) report to the one originally posted by Stella:

Ancient Etruscan home found near Grosseto