UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

CASTRUM ANTIQUUM PAGANORUM

aphtiph

Kuzelin is a Roman and Celtic archaeological site in Croatia. The Celts practiced the magickal ritualism in that area a few centuries B.C.

The mediaeval name of the site was CASTRUM ANTIQUUM PAGANORUM

http://www.muzejprigorja.hr/images/Rimski%20metal.pdf Roman metalwork

The Romans conquered the upper Pannonia at the time of Caesar Augustus Octavianus. Only some punitive expeditions against the Celts had taken place before his rule. He decided to incorporate the area of Pannonia into the Roman empire. The fall of the Celtic oppidum known as Segestica (Sisak) meant the beginning of the Roman domination in the area. The town was renamed by the Romans and got the name Siscia( Sisak) . The Romans pentrated more deeply into the territory of the Celts and established new towns e.g Andautonia(Zagreb), Iovia(Ludbreg), Celea (Celje). The Kuzelin hill also became a Roman stronghold..

The article provides an interesting overview of the metal finds from this site up to 1997 and appears to form the basis of a catalogue from an exhibition held then. As I don't have any knowledge of Eastern European languages it is a pity, although perfectly reasonable for the catalogues purpose, that most of the technical descriptions of the finds appear to be in Croatian.

Personally it is also interesting to note the references to 'Copper Age' (Eneolithic) in the IV-III Milennium B.C.' in the literature. Although the 'copper Age' is an important and separate period in Eastern and Mediterranean archaeology it is probably one which many people in the rest of Europe may not recognise as the terms used to refer to human development in Europe differ slightly as it could take 1000 yerars for some of the core technologies to spread across the whole of europe.

As the article indicates in archaeological terms the comparable period of the IV-III Milennium B.C.in Britain (and much of North West Europe) would be the Early Neolithic.

The article provides an interesting overview of the metal finds from this site up to 1997 and appears to form the basis of a catalogue from an exhibition held then. As I don't have any knowledge of Eastern European languages it is a pity, although perfectly reasonable for the catalogues purpose, that most of the technical descriptions of the finds appear to be in Croatian.

Personally it is also interesting to note the references to 'Copper Age' (Eneolithic) in the IV-III Milennium B.C.' in the literature. Although the 'copper Age' is an important and separate period in Eastern and Mediterranean archaeology it is probably one which many people in the rest of Europe may not recognise as the terms used to refer to human development in Europe differ slightly as it could take 1000 yerars for some of the core technologies to spread across the whole of europe.

As the article indicates in archaeological terms the comparable period of the IV-III Milennium B.C.in Britain (and much of North West Europe) would be the Early Neolithic.

I am not the author of the article. I am not responsible for the content of the article. I guest that professor Vladimir Sokol Ph. Degree is, but I am not sure.

I created the video . However, the title is "Roman metalwork..." because most metal finds were made by the Romans.

There is no language group called "Eastern European languages". The language belongs to the group of the Slavic languages.

Quote :

"Abstract - Analyses were performed of plant remains from the Late Neolithic (in Slovenian terminology corresponding to Eneolithic or Copper Age, ca. 4300