UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Ancient Church Found

Can someone explain how you make the jump from one small church in a place so out of the way they are just noticing it to the full Christization of the whole country. What is it they are reaching for, there. Don't we get enough revisionist history as it is?

That's their new thesis, to be proven by new evidence and re-evaluation of old. In essence, yes... an attempt at revision.

All histories are reflective of the time period they were written in and not necessarily about the period in question. The question that interests me is what their reasoning is for jumping to such new conclusions. An attempt to lessen the two Olafs and what ever they stand for? We'll see.

I personally hope that the accepted view of history changes within the next 50 years and keeps cycling through. "Bad" history leads to "good" history being re-evaluated and made stronger from the examination. If this turns out to be "bad" history, then the current "good" view of noregian religious history will be strengthened.

IMHO, of course.

Don't get me wrong. I'm for a full disclosure of the truth, but there is the truth and then there is the "truth."

In creating "good" history one must becareful to always give evidence only the weight it deserves. Adding spin to real evidence badly devalues it.

That spin is my concern. Not the evidence.