UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Cannibalized Neanderthalian Family

Kosmo

Deep in a cave in the forests of northern Spain are the remains of a gruesome massacre. The first clues came to light in 1994, when explorers came across a pair of what they thought were human jawbones in the cave, called El Sidr

Edited by Kosmo

Kosmo,

The link in the posting above to the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS) just seems to be a generic link to New York Times articles about the PNAS rather than providing more information on the research announcement.

In case anyone is interested; the abstract of the original article along with the supporting material from the appendix which is freely available online through the PNAS open access option can be found here

The links were created by New York Times in the original article, I copied them because it would have been weird to edit them out. I got to see the abstract that you mentioned then the PNAS website stopped responding.

The links were created by New York Times in the original article, I copied them because it would have been weird to edit them out. I got to see the abstract that you mentioned then the PNAS website stopped responding.

I've noticed that there are several sites on the Web which seem to have a standard practice of including totally unrelated article links within all of their stories so on that basis the NYT linking to their other PNAS related articles isn't amongst the worst of the offenders.

As far as the PNAS site is concerned I went in again using the above link and didn't encounter any problems in the short time I was connected so it may have simply been a localised 'brown out' effect.

I did pick up another link which appears to be the main research article on the PNAS site here, which hopefully won't prove as difficult to read on-line.