UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

Would you please put Poznan, Poland in your identification. It really would help.

And, welcome.

Like "Brookfordshiresexingham" helps? :lol: :wub:

I think Mosquito should put "Posnania, Polonia" in his profile identification. And get a Roman name for himself, too! :D

Salve, welcome, Mosquito!

-- Nephele

:hammer: Look, :wub: , there was a fair election in which a couple of thousands of voters agreed to the name change. Even the guys in the boon docks of Bulgaria and Israel know about it.

Why don't you tell him where to go about getting a Roman name? Must I do everything? I'm a praetor!

:ph34r:

Edited by Gaius Octavius

Even the guys in the boon docks of Bulgaria and Israel know about it.

The news never reached the House of Lycus! We courtesans are kept pretty busy, you know! :hammer:

Why don't you tell him where to go about getting a Roman name? Must I do everything? I'm a praetor!

I did tell him where to get his Roman name. <=== clicky on the link. :ph34r:

-- Nephele

Look N.C. :wub: , let the Polish guy know what his Roman name is and have done with it. Else I'll sell you to Ursus, cheaply! :hammer:

:ph34r:

Ha! You can't sell me -- I've got an ironclad manumission contract! mixed-smiley-009.gif

-- Nephele

Ha! You can't sell me -- I've got an ironclad manumission contract! mixed-smiley-009.gif

-- Nephele

:ph34r: That's what you think! Ursus is after you and I have the contract assigned to me. :D

I hope that you like Polish people - if he's got enough zlotys to trade you off. ;) I won't part with you for a few farthings. :hammer:

:lol:

Edited by Gaius Octavius

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone, pretty cool forum you have. I admittedly know pretty much nothing about ancient history, so if I ever start saying things like Roman's discovered electricity, just nudge me in the right direction. :clapping: But anyway, I'm interested and want to learn a few things.

See ya. :ph34r:

Hey everyone, pretty cool forum you have. I admittedly know pretty much nothing about ancient history, so if I ever start saying things like Roman's discovered electricity, just nudge me in the right direction. :clapping: But anyway, I'm interested and want to learn a few things.

See ya. :ph34r:

Welcome and good hunting.

Just who the heck am I? Am I an itinerant pervert? A post-modern anti-hero? A random demographic sampling? It’s often easier to say what I’m not, but let’s have a go at the affirmative.

Everyone was a lot younger in the ’80s. Especially me.

More than just a collection of dates, the 1980s were a time of discovery, innovation, tragedy and creativity. It saw the end of the Cold War and the start of MTV, a rise in unemployment and the fall of the Berlin Wall; G.I. Joe and Reaganomics, political correctness, the Walkman, the Tiananmen Square massacre and ‘Live Aid’. There were turned up collars, poofed up hair and a band of breakdancers - then later skateboarders - in every neighborhood. Neon was all the rage and Coca Cola came in 2 different flavors.

In this decade a young Bripus began his assention to power. Born in the early 1970s, a few hours after midnight on a cold winter’s evening under a waning moon, I grew up a child of pop culture - just barely remembering Vietnam, singing along to Travolta in the disco craze, changing jets into robots on Christmas morning, and swinging a plastic light-up sword at hoards of invisible Stormtroopers. Little has changed since that time.

Anyway, I’m in my mid-thirties as of this writing, I’m above average in height, wear glasses, keep my head shaved and sport a goatee most of the year, I have six tattoos and several scars… a couple of which I gave purposely to myself (in the dumbness of youth). I live in Denmark, and work as a teacher in the public school system.

I've always been interested in all things ancient Roman, however, my interest truly kicked off last summer, when Season 1 of HBO's Rome was finally shown here in northern Europe. Since then, I've been diving into as many books as I can read in the free time that I have - and on a whim yesterday, looked to see if there was an actual decent forum to talk about my newfound passion with like-minded people.

And here I am...

Edited by Bripus Klmunus

Hi,

After over a year as a member of UNRV I realize that I have yet to introduce myself. My father is a Goth. My mother, a Roman. He complains that I speak Gothic with a Latin accent. She maintains my Latin is not classical. Could it be that I'm a transitional figure pointing to a post Roman society? The whole village thinks so. Justinian's forces passed through here the other day and what a mess they made of everything!! Even the Latin speakers curse them.

Seriously, I'm a retired teacher from Philadelphia. "Philadelphia maneto." I love to hang out in the "Postilla Historia Romanorum" forum.

Ludovicus or Ludowicus, as Dad prefers.

Edited by Ludovicus

• 4 weeks later...