UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Forum User Names

Guest spartacus

Guest spartacus

We all had a chance when we joined to select our user names !

What was the reason for your choice ?

I chose Spartacus, because I love the film and he was a bit of a rebel, just like me ! :D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scanderbeg

Scanderbeg(Iskander Bej in Turkish meaning Alexander and "Bej" meaning general. it was a title given to the best generals),yes I know it spelled incorrectly on mine, I told my friend to type it while I went to the bathroom and he typed it wrong :D ....I was too lazy to fix it :unsure: )

Anyway he was an Albanian general who held off the Ottoman horde from Albania and Italy for over 25 years when they were at their height. He defected from the Ottoman empire and founded the Albanian flag. He was honored by the Pope as "Defender of Christianity". He managed to halt Mehmed II twice and stopped him from gaining access to the Papal States and the rest of Europe.

I chose Germanicus, because he was extreemly popular with the people........not really like me, but maybe one day :D (Of course I'm talking the original Germanicus, not his psychotic son)

I chose fatboy because thats my nickname in real life since I was a kid.

All my friends call me fatboy or a variation on it - usually " fat " or " the boy ", or since I went to France on my holidays once, often " le boy ".

Even my teachers in school would say " fatboy, why haven't you done your homework ? "

People are always suprised when they meet me to find that I'm not fat in the slightest. It in fact stems from me being an almost comically fat baby. Once my friends saw my baby pictures that was it - I was christened " fatboy ". Not to worry, they all have much worse nicknames. :D

Skanderbeg(Iskander Bej in Turkish meaning Alexander and "Bej" meaning general. it was a title given to the best generals),yes I know it spelled incorrectlyon mine, I told my friend to type it while I went to the bathroom and he typed it wrong :) ....I was too lazy to fix it :unsure: )

Would you like me to fix it?

This thread got me to thinking that as a site admin and the author of most of the site's historical content, I should be less anonymous.

I originally chose primuspilus because of its obvious command implications but mainly because I simply liked the ring of it

Change it back, you're loosing your Romanitas

Guest Scanderbeg

Yes I would love it Primus Pilus. The correct spelling of the name is Scanderbeg . Sorry it took me so long to answer back but I went to sleep after my post.