UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

CIA declassifies WWI era documents

Ursus

Guest SassinidAzatan

This reminds me of the recent declassification of Kennedy's presidency. The government just released documentaries stating that Kennedy intended to get involved in Vietnam contrary to popular belief.

[This reminds me of the recent declassification of Kennedy's presidency. The government just released documentaries stating that Kennedy intended to get involved in Vietnam contrary to popular belief.

I haven't seen the documents in question, but Kennedy's foreign policy isn't such a secret. He was always a ferocious Cold Warrior. The idea of him being wary of Vietnam (sometimes touted as the "real" reason he was assassinated) is some sort of overly romantic myth that somehow got attached to him.

• 1 month later...
Guest ParatrooperLirelou

[This reminds me of the recent declassification of Kennedy's presidency. The government just released documentaries stating that Kennedy intended to get involved in Vietnam contrary to popular belief.

I haven't seen the documents in question, but Kennedy's foreign policy isn't such a secret. He was always a ferocious Cold Warrior. The idea of him being wary of Vietnam (sometimes touted as the "real" reason he was assassinated) is some sort of overly romantic myth that somehow got attached to him.

Actually go read high school books in the United States, and they always state Kennedy was going to evacuate from Vietnam(which I believe was doubtable even prior to documents being released).

As for the CIA revealing secret German methods of communication, the stuff shown is nothing new and anyone descently read into World War 1 already knows of this stuff.