UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Need to generate some simple insults & jeers

ViaGregorio

• 1 month later...

If you've been keeping up with my posts in the main Humanitas forum then you know by now that I'm in the middle of planning a Roman project based unit for my classes.

As part of the political sphere of the project I'm going to allow them the option of paying off their underclass followers to vandalize a public space with graffiti demeaning a rival politician. In the classroom I'll actually have a piece of chart paper designated as each group's public wall space, and when students buy the graffiti option they'll get to personally vandalize their chosen rival's space. Anyhow, now that I've explained the context, here are the things I need translated into Latin, which I hope are fairly straight forward. If you need to change the wording slightly to make it less of a hassle, by all means feel free:

1. ______________ is corrupt

2. Do not vote for ______________

3. ______________ is a dog

4. ______________ is a womanizer (or whatever term the Romans would have used)

5. ______________ is a coward

6. ______________ has angered the gods

7. ______________ is a loser

8. No one should trust ___________

9. Rome does not need _____________

10. Forget about _______________

11. _____________ is a traitor

12. May _____________ be cursed

13. Beware of ________________

14. _________________ wants to be a king

15. ________________ will destroy the Republic

16. ________________ is cruel to his servants

17. ________________ will lead us to ruin

18. Vote for _______________ instead of _______________

19. Supporters of _______________ are criminals

20. ________________ betrays our traditions

Vote for _____________________ as Consul (that one will go on top of each group's chart paper to be vandalized)

I realize that that is lot to ask for just as a favor, but if any person will take their time to do this for me I would be happy to compensate you in Itunes credit or Amazon or Ebay credit or something like that.

I just saw this but wanted to bring your attention to the book: How to Insult, Abuse & Insinuate in Classical Latin. I do not know Latin but I also need words from time to time for the book I'm writing. I know some Latin teachers and I was directed to this book, which I own.

Cinzia