UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

What Made Rome?

skel

I think I would have been Celt back in the day, just because I am fiercly loyal to my family name

This would have made you an excellent Roman then too Zeke, family name and fame was everything. Their drive for wealth was simply a quest for power and notoriety for their family - dignitas as has been mentioned. They were ancestor worshippers after all.

The Romans were like anyone in America today, greedy for money so they will do anything for money.

I wouldn't get too offended by this Augur. Easy for me to say not being American, but I can see how Zeke, and anyone familiar with the way US companies do business in other countries, could arrive at this conclusion. A gross generalisation I agree, knowing some great americans personaly.

Zeke, it's kind of like saying all those of middle eastern descent are terrorists, it just aint true.

I wouldn't get too offended by this Augur.

Thanks Germanicus, no offence taken and certainly none intended, Zeke. Rest assured, my comments were posted with much collegial affection and a playful smile, and from a firm belief that the best advise is to: Never make sweeping generalizations, particularly about those who make sweeping generalizations. How's that for a sweeping generalization! Peace.