UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Nobels Peace Prize

Klingan

Running the risk of opening a political debate, I must say that I am incredibly happy to see that the EU received the price. I cannot think of any other organization that has done so much for peace in our continent - one only need to compare the first fifty years of the 20th century with the last fifty to appreciate the difference - and even more so after the fall of the iron curtain and the early 21st century.

In the end, at least I know that I am so very happy that I live in Europe now and not before the union was formed, economic crisis or not.

The swiss defense minister doesnt agree, and is stepping up war games to practice machine gunning down hordes of violent euro border-jumpers http://finance.yahoo.com/news/switzerland-prepares-army-euro-zone-131233903.html ... he says adjacent euro countries have downsized their military to the point where they cant even contain worst-case civil unrest. And I remember tony blair being very frustrated getting euro help in containing balkan violence.

Of course the above doesnt allege conflict between any eu countries. But that might have been constructive. If the netherlands and luxemburg would attack and carve up the parts of belgium that speak their respective languages, probably all involved would be happier... and geography as a subject (minus belgium) could be taught in one minute less time for future students. :P

Edited by caesar novus

P.S. i have a plan to defuse these dutch independance tensions in belgium bloodlessly. It is inspired by the last minute idea some 1930s german had in putting a loud festive marching band in front of the line of sinister looking military vehicles coming to occupy austria (maybe done for west czech too)... who among the confused defenders dares to spoil an apparent party?

I propose the belgian seperatists call in north korean female troops as mercenaries, marching to a catchy tune :

There is probably some eu rule against injury to women, so there will be no resistance. Just my personal preference the result isnt yet another little country (there was a new balkan country split off recently of only about a few city blocks), but merge belgium into netherlands and luxemburg. I think belgium/lux was an artificial buffer state created to shield france/uk/netherlands long ago anyway.

Edited by caesar novus