UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Archaeology Magazine Top 10 discoveries 2012

Melvadius

It's that time of year again when Archaeology Magazine randomises all the discoveries of the previous year whcih they ahve reported on to pick out what is always open to debate but which they consider are the '>top 10.

This year there is Roman related interest with the inclusion in the list of Caesar's Gallic Outpost, Hermeskeil, Germany .

I don't know if we are talking about the same list, but the one I found had a dinosaur find at the nr.1 spot... Hello archaeology.... :unsure:/>

Edit:

Ling to Mel's list: Here

And the list I got sent to me from a not so professional site.

Klingan the site you found appears to be 'Geeks are Sexy'. I must admit not a site that I have come across before in relation to archaeology so you may need to ask about your subscription if you thought it was to Arcaheology Magazine. :blink:

Klingan the site you found appears to be 'Geeks are Sexy'. I must admit not a site that I have come across before in relation to archaeology so you may need to ask about your subscription if you thought it was to Arcaheology Magazine. :blink:/>

Haha, no, it was actually an administrator where I work who sent it to everyone at the department :P I didn't even notice the url before I posted it here.

Not saying that they didn't pick some good archaeology that I can relate to in their Top 9 (OK actually Top 8 archaeological finds) but I DO worry about the other stories at the bottom of the page that the site considers 'I may also like' :blink:

Not saying that they didn't pick some good archaeology that I can relate to in their Top 9 (OK actually Top 8 archaeological finds) but I DO worry about the other stories at the bottom of the page that the site considers 'I may also like' :blink:

Not to mention that someone at an archaeological department sent this to me. That's scary... But sort of funny too.