UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

(Christmas) songs in outer space...

Klingan

I think they are still safe for the best part of 4 years, unless I am mistaken about how long it has been a fad, since it will take about 4 and a half years for radio signals/ light waves from TV to get there..... Lucky aliens!

. . . and of course, there has to be a minuimum of an additional 4+ years for ET to retaliate in any way.

Only if they don't have FTL (Faster than light) drives on their spaceships or the ability to timeshift and get here before we realize...that...gangham style... :ph34r:

Is it is just me imagining gigantic speakers in the sky playing gangnam style day and night on a global scale?

There was a time we feared aliens on their tripod legs, martian bullet ships, venusian seductions, goblinesque abductions, and various experiments performed on hapless US farmers, but now our revenge is imminent as the local area of the Milky Way is being prepared for Noddy Holder's battle cry "It's Chrisssmmmassss!". Quake in your magnetic space boots, little green men everywhere. I should know. I've been traumatised by that ghastly record since it came out in the seventies.

I suppose that most 'true' musicians are traumatised by the thought of the Roayalty payments by that and other (especially Christmas) No 1s ;)