UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Empire On Abc

Primus Pilus

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've (gasp!) never seen the movie Gladiator, so I couldn't notice that. But I did notice how thier armor was all wrong alot of the time, and what was with the spikes? Since when do Romans of any type where spikes? Was Caesar's the Roman Punk Generation or something?

The battle scene was horrible. It was like a bunch of barbarians hijacked a hodge podge of Roman military dress and weapons and had a free for all. Wasn't Julius Caesar's best legion the 10th? I recall an entire book being written about the 10th legion. Don't recollect anything about the 3rd.

Overall, it was entertaining. In a court jester kind of way.

Someone should have speared the director after that disgraceful battle! It was the worst battle I've ever seen and topped the 'assassination' attempt by Antony using snakes. I wonder which writer thought of that plot angle.

There were so many things wrong with Empire, I can't even begin to point them out. I was so worried about my novel and historical accuracy as I took a number of liberties throughout the text and by comparison to what has been shown in 'Empire' as 'history', I think no one, except maybe you guys here, a pretty sharp bunch, will notice!

Anyway, let's wait until Aug 28th for the HBO / BBC production of Rome. I like the actor playing Caesar and hope he does a good job. In Empire, I was somehow expecting Caesar to start talking about the Underverse .. maybe they should have cast Vin Diesel as Antony.. ha, ha.. that would have been something!

I maintain that it was the best episode because it was the last. And what better way to send off a rediculous show than with an explosively rediculous ending? :lol: I enjoyed mocking it anyway (I stopped expecting anything of it five minutes into the second episode.)