UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

What Song Are You Listening to Now?

guy

I am using the VLC sort-by-length feature to cue up one or a couple looong songs for shut eye sessions. One of the best is a medley of Bollywood female vocals which has been wiped off Youtube and I can find nothing similar. Perhaps google recently activated an Indian copyright seek and kill app.

The other current favorite of mine is found at https://youtu.be/Jqoieg0Vqag but was a bit harsh and electronic for me to recommend. So here I offer a mellow live performance of it, but for a cool visualization of what is going on see the version above.

Edited by caesar novus

For anyone who plays guitar, this song by Led Zeppelin is both beautiful and surprisingly easy to play. This song has a unique alternate tuning, however:  (low to high) D G C G C D

I taped this early version from a radio, then had trouble finding it elsewhere due to not searching under "Them":

Next was my first digital song purchase because it's length consumed my $5 coupon without going over:

Like "Gratitude Joy" above, next is a mellow playlist with various related tracks suitable for elusive shuteye:

Edited by caesar novus
  • Like 1

I quite like Indian tunes sometimes. When I lived near Afghanistan, local folks and Russian girls watched a lot of Indian cinema there. Their movies are always romantic and very musical, with dances and songs. Although I can't imagine myself watching Indian movies, Indian music seems very "digestive" sometimes. 

Edited by Novosedoff

On 3/3/2022 at 11:58 PM, sonic said:

A bit darker ....

A little too dark for me. That song is reminiscent of this Metallica song, which is also too dark for me:

On 3/5/2022 at 3:22 PM, guy said:

A little too dark for me. That song is reminiscent of this Metallica song, which is also too dark for me:

Not fond of "one".  Strangely, it's the hook and the riff of the  Ghost song that have caught me, rather than the lyrics.