UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

What Song Are You Listening to Now?

guy

The other song called "Rope dancer" by Belgian band Machiavel may sound a bit more familiar because of its similarity to "Last Christmas" by Wham! (although the latter one came out a few years later).

To me the Fifth season song is somehow remindful of the ancient myth about the northern region of Hyperborea, especially when one sees the paintings used for the cover of the album. But I don't know why if you ask me 😊 

The prog-rock of 70s has a number of masterpieces, which I really enjoy re-listening, including the Relayer by British band Yes, Pink Floyd albums, Lament by British band Gryphon (cant remember the title of the labum),  etc. Out of Soviet prog-rock albums of 70s I'd recommend the album Mess by Estonian composer Sven Grunberg.   

I dont think that Western listeners are accustomed to Russian music, that's why I use the opportunity to advertise something Russian-made that is worth sharing, in my view. Because there is a lot of Russian-made stuff that one shall avoid at any costs 😁

Edited by Novosedoff

Currently listening to Rory Gallagher, he's such a legend!I love the fact that there's a "Rory Gallagher corner" in Dublin, I always make sure I walk past it everytime I visit.

I love Irish music and that's no secret haha!Thin Lizzy is also one of my favorite bands:

A more recent favourite of mine from Ireland is The Answer. They are the only band who were given permission to play Phil Lynott's bass by his mother, Philomena Lynott.

15 hours ago, Elisa said:

Currently listening to Rory Gallagher, he's such a legend!I love the fact that there's a "Rory Gallagher corner" in Dublin, I always make sure I walk past it everytime I visit.

Wow! I am really impressed. Very few people now remember Rory Gallagher. Am I to guess you are a female from Italy? Brava. I can only imagine how you came to know about Rory. He was one of my guitar heroes when I was a kid back in the 70s. Were you even around in the 70s? (See the picture below of his "distressed" guitar.) Great player who got the most from his instrument.

See the source image                                                       

I also like thin Lizzy, but my favorite "Irish" musician is Van Morrison. Van Morrison's music probably saved my life on more than one occasion.                                                                                                                                                      

• Like 1

3 hours ago, guy said:

Wow! I am really impressed. Very few people now remember Rory Gallagher. Am I to guess you are a female from Italy? Brava. I can only imagine how you came to know about Rory. He was one of my guitar heroes when I was a kid back in the 70s. Were you even around in the 70s? (See the picture below of his "distressed" guitar.) Great player who got the most from his instrument.

See the source image                                                       

I also like thin Lizzy, but my favorite "Irish" musician is Van Morrison. Van Morrison's music probably saved my life on more than one occasion.                                                                                                                                                      

I am indeed a female from Italy, grazie mille!Unfortunately I wasn't around in the 70s (would have liked to be though!) as I was born in the mid-80s. I found out about Rory during a guided tour the first time I visited Dublin, and I immediately looked his music up after returning to Rome. I fell in love with Rory's music straightaway!😊