UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

The British Love of Drowning Small Animals

If these chickens had just played dead in the first place, I wouldnt of had to shoot them. They attacked shops like a swat team. One of the woodshop owners kept a british style plastic pellet gun on him at all times to nail the chickens coming in the side door, and cats through the roof, which pissed another tenant off, who kept those cats.

I wonder how Emperor Tiberius would deal with this, after a storm rips up all the chicken coups on the island of capri..... chickens and stray cats everywhere.....

Some stuff the historian just doesnt record.

• 2 weeks later...

Cruelty to animals is not restricted to any peoples or nations.

See articles on what is happening in Romania. The dog fighting clubs in the USA. The abondonment of pets world wide.

There are many organizations in various countries that DO care and rescue animals, be they pets or animals in distress.

It is a shame humans are omnivores...

last rant....

Edited by Artimi

No.... Its a aspect of Roman and Greek life not exactly touched upon..... the Dietary aspect (you said omnivore).

I spent one month in Iraq, out of boredom more than anything, eating no meat. Also spent time in my travels only eating Spam.

I held a discussion in Hawaii on the philosophy of food, no one, including the Raw Food Vegetarians, could find out exactly why we ate ultimately the food we eat, the instinct to adopting a dietary lifestyle. We could explain easily why we didnt eat foods, just not the actual choices when we did.

And dont give up on the rant, the diatribe is the cornerstone of Dialectics, it's the best method in some cases actually.

Edited by Onasander