UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
caesar novus

do-it-yourself moderation

and he immediately stopped talking to me.

There is wisdom to be found here.

In this environment of "lite" moderation, there is still a brute force approach (that I assume some folks have been applying to me). You can filter out people's posts by clicking your name (at top) and then on "manage ignore prefs". Just type in the first few letters of the names in question.

I tried it, and it's not as extreme as it appears. You still see the headers of everyone's posts, but the targeted ones simply are reduced to a single line that you can click if you wish to see them. Not censoring... it even piques your curiosity to click to see what you're missing.

Edited by caesar novus

I don't mind reading all the drivel (I mostly don't anyway).

Just a little sad that the trolls have taken over the forum, it didn't deserve to go out like that.

Stand your ground Maladict. Don't let the barbarians conquer Rome!

:D

I really hate having to do this, but I'm blocking Gilius for one month. He is infinitely stalling on giving any data supporting his theory, even weak data. The only effort he gives to it is in being indirect in his alluding, and is a master of confusion. He only posts on this topic alone..... I've never seen evidence that he has posted on any other topic.

I'm at wits end. Will give him a chance in the future, perhaps someone else will have a better approach. I gotta do this, or else I may be forced to..... to..... to do some bad things here in response to him. If anyone remembers the personality of the Scottish school grounds keeper on the Simpsons reacting to Barts hooliganism, you'll know where I am at right now.

One month.

----

Legati: Gilius won't be a problem any more, unless he register a new account and somehow gets bumped from Servi to Plebes by Viggen. Good luck with that.