UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Is This The Beginning of WW3

Onasander

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/uk/1914-again-Todays-world-bears-number-of-striking-similarities-with-the-build-up-to-World-War-I/articleshow/28443262.cms

This article was made on the basis of assuming history repeats itself, modeled off WW2.

I honestly doubt you can compare it, the Sunni insurgency just stuck against itself a fatal blow by taking Falluja. What the idiots didnt consider is that while the city is indeed fortified, its not fortified to keep people out, but rather, to keep people in while a modern mech infantry army retakes it by sections. The Iraqi government still holds the walls, and even if they loose them, can easily retake them. Now, Iraq has a excuse to penetrate into Syria whenever it feels like it to knock out Sunni Strongholds as foreign rebel encampments threatening their sovereignty. Before, all they had to worry about was a russian weaponize Syrian Army, that had limited movement, now they have a Shiite Iraqi Army American equipped popping up on occasion in their rear. Bad strategy you stupid idiots.

The republic of Georgia and Turkey can pretty much guarantee no large troop move movements out of Iran, so it will just be small infantry groups riding on pickup trucks as usual. I dont see a big obvious tinderbox here, the region is set up for attrition, not tinderboxes. If anything, iys been too perfectly balanced for the last 1000 years.

China has been taking massive amounts of territory in Indias north. They learned ways to get away with it by intimidation without firing a shot, and so applied its indian strategy to the japanese-philippine front. It hasnt been working, and Ironically, the country of india has the final card to play ending this by forcing a embargo of chinese goods skirting its waters to africa and europe. US wont, but India eventually will.

Besides, this is mostly fought over energy rights. We just learned to double the energy abdorbed by solar cells last year..... I dont see the fossil fuel mania lasting 20 years.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-25633629

And instead the US is rushing toys for mech infantry in.....

The UAVs are infantry toys..... to support their operations, but arent exactly that useful for city warfare.... you can hear them putter around in the air and shoot at them. Better than nothing. Think they are contemplating some deep scouting ops in the countryside.