UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

British Royal Train Cost?

Onasander

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Royal_Train

Okay..... in 2011 they traveled less than 1000 miles, yet managed to spend £900,000 pounds. This train, Im guessing, isnt brand new, and has a history of big spending, over decades..... therefor, I assume they managed to platinum coat each and every car by now.

I cant figure out how this is the case.... how can someone manage to use up that much money under so short a distance.

Aged Koa wood is the most expensive wood in the world, but even using that to power the train furnace wouldn't be that expensive for that distance. Maybe they are using expensive exotic endangered species like Pandas and vald eagles and Ivory Tusks to power the furnace? Or, they are shoveling high denomination English notes directly into the furnace.

Trains are supposed to be cheap to move about.... we have trains going by in my town all the time, they cant possibly cost that much.

Can a train be powered via expensive, French wines?

I honestly cant grasp how you can dump that much money on a train already decked out from decades of heavy spending.