UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Psuedo-Andronicus of Rhodes "On Emotions"

Onasander

Last book I tried translating was a bust no fault of my own, my friend and I tackled a 19th century latin critical edition "edited" by Woefflin, "The Triffles of Philosophy" only to discover he copied and pasted like, at least three works randomly together from different eras, some of which wasn't any older than the 11th century AD, and claimed it was a original ancient work. And to boot, he couldn't even complete some of the sentences, he'd start them, and they would stop mid way.... I had to track down chunks of text his "critical edition" missed (and he got medals from the Kaiser for this stuff).

So we were pissed to say the least.

I'm fascinated right now with what I can find on Psuedo-Andronicus "Peri Pethon", On Emotions.

I can't find any translations except for a 1977 French Edition, which seems unavailable. I don't know French, but my experience says to have it on hand.

Can anyone see either the greek, latin, or french anywhere? I've been searching, and nothing. I got this possible name for a latin title:

De Anima Affectionibus

Just.... I am not certain if it is in reference to Aristotle's De Anima.

I'm more interested in the neurological parallels in terms of cognition than just taking a stroll down history. Just, internet seems empty.

I'd prefer Greek, and am hoping someone finds the french edition for sale. I have access to a hugh greek orthodox population here, just they are elderly and can't google. It's frustrating. I'd take it even if it was written in Tibetan. It's not a love of language but of knowledge.

Edited by Onasander