UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Gaius Marius Early Life & Battle Information

Hello,

I am planning to write a novel about the life of Gaius Marius and I can't find any information on the following:

Early Life (detailed) not just the generalised info of (born, joined army, became preator, the prophecy etc)

The Battles he appeared in (I know he was under Scipio the younger in the Numantine War in Spain (134 bc).
but I couldnt find any information on exact sites or exact battles just about the entire war.

To write this novel I need to be as accurate as possible to be as respectful to the events as I can but
if the information dosn't exist then thats kind of a good thing aswell as I can use my imagination.

But any articles or information on his life apart from the wikipedia link I found that would be amazing thank you.

Regards

Lewis.
(Future hopeful author)

Even Colleen McCullough didn't start telling his story till he was in his 40's!  I think you may have a largely blank slate to draw on, like I did with Pontius Pilate.