UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Viggen

A Companion To Julius Caesar by Miriam Griffin

A Companion To Julius Caesar by Miriam Griffin

Review by caldrail

Somewhere in the world, probably not far from you, an actor is crying out in lamentation as conspirators play out a scene of assassination. Down goes Julius Caesar, the man who risked all for power and glory, stabbed repeatedly, his fortunes forever at an end. The crowd may well appreciate the acting and applaud at the closing of the scene.

How many of us know anything about Caesar? Oh sure we might quote his name readily when asked to identify a famous Roman. We might recall some love affair with the Queen of Egypt after she smuggled herself into his presence inside a rolled carpet, or snigger at accusations of something more tawdry. We might know of his military conquests, his invasions of Britain, or that pivotal moment on the banks of the Rubicon when he set himself upon a path to be remembered by...

...continue to the full review of A Companion To Julius Caesar by Miriam Griffin

Looks like this one will be added to my library!

• Like 1

MTG was my tutor at Oxford. Good to know about this book which I shall now hasten to acquire!

• Like 1

...if you happen to purchase via Amazon (UK or USA) UNRV would be grateful if you used to go there via the amazon link on the review page, we would get a little comission for it! :)

p.s. pretty fascinating that she was your tutor :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Map of the Roman Empire