UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

History Channel's Website

Found this on the History Channel's website.

Roman coins have been dug up in America, suggesting that perhaps the Vikings or Columbus weren't the first Europeans to visit the New World. The coins were found in locations as far afield as Texas, Venezuela and Maine. One stash was found buried in a mound in Round Rock, Texas. The mound is dated to approximately 800 A.D. In the town of Heavener, Okla., a bronze tetradrachm bearing the profile of Emperor Nero was found in 1976. The coin was originally struck in Antioch, Syria, in 63 A.D.

Why all the secrecy about Burrows cave?

This sounds like the old saw, but if he really wanted it to be studied, he'd have released the location already.

Hope he diagramed and took photos of everything, though of course I don't expect it to amount to anything.

Speaking of the first artifact shown in that article, interesting that a Christian Knight would use Phoenician scipt... <_<

If it's genuine, the author gives a totaly wrong atribution to the creator. It's just a shame I'm not an epigrapher. I can recognize the incription as a variant of Phoenician script but cannot read the message. Which if I were to guess, would mostly give thanks to Baal and say nothing about Jesus, Jews, Templars etc... Even if they were to find 1000+ year old Phoenician documents in the cities they held during the Crusades, I doubt they would miraculously be able to read them...

Furthermore, if it's not a hoax, it's further proof of Phoenician contact with America. I've seen that hairstyle (of the 'Knight') before on Punic coins from Sicily ~ 5th Century BC...

I do believe in Pre-Columbian contact, but the assertions of that article are contrary to much of the true scholarly research out there.

I refer anyone to the works of Dr. Barry Fell if you're intrigued by this subject or the following the work of the following professor:

http://www.unm.edu/~rhristov/

Cheers! :)

• 3 weeks later...

i hear there are gold coffins in burrows cave that cannot be looted., mayhap one of the few remaining clues that burrows did not loot. lol., along the cave system itself., with inscriptions on walls . although i hear it got flooded at one point. who knows., i just wish someone would study this properly.,

i know the cave system is not a hoax btw., i live in richland county illinois.

i hear there are gold coffins in burrows cave that cannot be looted., mayhap one of the few remaining clues that burrows did not loot. lol., along the cave system itself., with inscriptions on walls . although i hear it got flooded at one point. who knows., i just wish someone would study this properly., 

i know the cave system is not  a hoax btw., i live in richland county illinois.

14337[/snapback]

Oh I dont think anyone believes the caves themselves are a hoax, but if there were real significant finds there, a true investigation could not be stopped, in my opinion.