UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Rare Roman novels up for auction

Gordopolis

Every Wednesday, I auction off a rareΒ historical fiction novel with all proceeds going to Myeloma UK, the blood cancer charity.

When I say 'rare' novels, I mean a combination of first edition/limited edition, signed, dated, dedicated by the author (to you), numbered, stamped etc.

SoundsΒ good? If so, I plan to post any Roman themed auctions on this thread, so you guys have the option to bid if you wish (or just follow the bidding action!)

And this week, it just so happens that we have a π’πˆπ†ππ„πƒ paperback of 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π”ππ…πŽπ‘π†πˆπ•π„π πŠπˆππ† by the brilliant 𝐋.𝐌. π€π…π…π‘πŽπ’π’πŒπ€π!

Fancy bidding to make this signed volume yours? Simply lodge your bid as a comment on the main auction thread (hosted on my Facebook page):

https://www.facebook.com/GordonDohertyAuthor/posts/pfbid0J2VKKMgLUVCj9Y5Qo1uXCTzwYNahddinfgkS7UUFsC1HDZU4xkb9DmS8J8Jt4fdtl

You'll also see the auction rules and terms on there too.

Good luck! 😊

Β 

Β 

The central character of this book has no name. Almost forgotten by history she might have passed into obscurity, just another slave at the court of Herod the Great. But Loshema (no name) has a talent for storytelling. Hidden in the shadows she charts Herod’s rise from man to king, and from king to monster.

But Loshema is far from the usual kind of narrator. At times she talks directly to the reader, drawing them into the fascinating and dangerous world of Jerusalem over two millennia ago, a world populated with the great names of the time, Mark Antony, Cleopatra, Julius Caesar, Octavian …

As she reaches maturity, Loshema can no longer be a passive observer, but finds herself entangled with the highest levels of intrigue. And as paranoia begins to destroy Herod’s kingdom, she suddenly finds herself wielding power over who will live and who will die.

(This book is based on the accounts in Josephus, not the gospel of Matthew.)

β€œMany innocents will die before this story is over. Just not the ones you were expecting. And the son of God has less to fear in this world than the sons of man. But why waste time? We both know why you are here. You want to see the monster.”

Β 

Β 

Β 
Β 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Help fight cancer with the latestΒ #MakeMyelomaHistory charity book auction - this week for Douglas Jackson's epic SCOURGE OF ROME. Bidding takes place on my Facebook page, where you can eter bids in the comments of this post:
Good luck πŸ™‚ !

1.jpg

2.jpg

"I am Spartacus!"
"No, 𝙄 am Spartacus!"

Fancy being Spartacus? Why not enter this week's
#MakeMyelomaHistory charity auction to win an action-packed biography of the legendary gladiator and live his life through the read! Please enter bids as comments on my FacebookΒ post:
https://www.facebook.com/GordonDohertyAuthor/posts/pfbid035VhcD9zaaqquKwNzvkqv4fg1PpNVg3WTi6pUJfoMmLGbNU6FBpoBosthrJ1XmsCpl

And remember:Β every single penny we make goes directly to Myeloma UK - the team who are relentlessly pursuing better futures for sufferers of this horrible blood cancer!
Β 
Good luck πŸ™‚ !

PXL_20220822_140241396.PORTRAIT (Large).jpg

M-J-Trow-1.jpg

PXL_20220822_140255072 (Large).jpg

• 2 weeks later...
It's #MakeMyelomaHistory auction time!
This week, we have a π’πˆπ†ππ„πƒ 1st ed π‡π€π‘πƒππ€π‚πŠ of 𝐓𝐇𝐄 πŒπ€πƒ π„πŒππ„π‘πŽπ‘: π‡π„π‹πˆπŽπ†π€ππ€π‹π”π’ & 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 πŽπ… π‘πŽπŒπ„ - the epic new novel by the brilliant π‡π€π‘π‘π˜ π’πˆπƒπ„ππŽπ“π“πŽπŒ!
Β 
Β 

harry-sidebottom.jpg

Mad Emeperor.jpg

ME Maps1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Think you know about the Roman Emperor Domitian? Think again!
Win a signed first ed hardback of Simon Turney's new Roman epic and help #MakeMyelomaHistory by entering this week's charity book auction.
Β 
Bidding takes place on my Facebook page. Please enter bids as comments on thisΒ post:
Good luck πŸ™‚ !

Domitian.jpg

simon-turney (1).jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Fancy a trip through the war-torn late Roman Empire? Fancy doing it via this signed, stamped, numbered and dedicated hardback of LEGIONARY: THE BLOOD ROAD? :D

Then look no further than this week's charity auction, with all proceeds going to Myeloma UK, the blood cancer charity! Please enter bids as comments on the original post:
Good luck πŸ™‚ !

PXL_20220928_145824799.PORTRAIT (Large).jpg

PXL_20220928_150024302 (Large).jpg

• 1 month later...
Here's what people are saying about Simon Turney's new Roman epic 'Bellatrix':
'𝐼𝑓 π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ π‘€π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘”π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘‘π‘‘π‘¦ π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘’π‘‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘™π‘¦ π‘Žπ‘’π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘–π‘ 𝑒𝑑𝑔𝑒 π‘œπ‘“ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘ π‘’π‘Žπ‘‘ π‘…π‘œπ‘šπ‘Žπ‘› π‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘–π‘œπ‘›, π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ π‘ β„Žπ‘œπ‘’π‘™π‘‘ 𝑏𝑒 π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘‘π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘†π‘–π‘šπ‘œπ‘› π‘‡π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘›π‘’π‘¦.'Β Anthony Riches
'π΅π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘›π‘”π‘  π‘Ž π‘€β„Žπ‘œπ‘™π‘’ 𝑛𝑒𝑀 π‘‘π‘–π‘šπ‘’π‘›π‘ π‘–π‘œπ‘› π‘‘π‘œ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘”π‘’π‘›π‘Ÿπ‘’... π‘…π‘’π‘π‘œπ‘šπ‘šπ‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘’π‘‘.'Β Historical Novel Society
'𝐴 π‘π‘™π‘–π‘ π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘›π‘” π‘‘π‘’π‘ π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘‘ 𝑒𝑝𝑖𝑐, π‘π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘šπ‘šπ‘–π‘›π‘” π‘€π‘–π‘‘β„Ž π‘‘π‘’π‘›π‘ π‘–π‘œπ‘›, π‘šπ‘¦π‘ π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘¦ π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘Žπ‘‘π‘£π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’!'Β Gordon Doherty
...not sure I trust that last reviewer thoughΒ πŸ˜‰
Β 
Fancy winning a signed, dedicated first edition (all proceeds going to Myeloma UK, the blood cancer charity)? Yes? Then simply mosey on over to my Facebook page and join the bidding!Β Β https://www.facebook.com/GordonDohertyAuthor/posts/pfbid0KgzGCzu3CRz8pZqx9SEicyxk1DkieH6Jewu2jtLbuDixwbcwtmh2stsBm5jcDG9cl

Bella.jpg