UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Been a long time... back again!

More of a 'hello again' rather than a new introduction. I joined the forum back in 2006 and sort of drifted out of the orbit around 2012, although sporadically sending the odd contribution since. New interests, several house moves, currently living in France after moving there from England in 2017, lots of guitar and double bass playing in Jazz, country and Rockabilly bands. Recently my Dad died and helping my daughter sort out all the house contents, I rescued a good amount of history books, and rediscovered my mums old photos of archaeological sites from when she was at university. My interest in Rome was rekindled! Although like the Empire itself it never technically died as I shifted my interest to the Byzantine, or rather Eastern Roman Empire. Work has, of course, resumed at HOMVNCVLVM, the tiny Roman Colonia in the North of England, of which I am the governor. As well as focusing on astronomy, and developing a new interest in Black Powder firearms and shooting. Hello again! I wonder how many of the old bunch are still here?

Edited by Northern Neil
  • Like 1

Hi Crispina! My link to Hadrian's Wall (apart from, until 7 years ago, livig 60 miles south of it) was a series of models I made of Hadrian's wall and some of its buildings, which at the time attracted the attention of some of the museums along the course of the Wall.

Welcome back, Neil. I can't remember you because I've only been amember here for a short time. I'm looking forward to what will probably be interesting contributions from you.

That's quite an eclectic little curriculum (would that make it a curriculum-ulum?) vitae you've outlined. (Have you considered seeking counseling?)

I see we share an Interest in  2-wheeling. My screen name is a play on words in Italian.

23 hours ago, Crispina said:

I remembered wrong. I thought you led tourists on tours of the wall.

Crispina is thinking of GhostOfClayton, who last described upheaval of direction due to brexit/covid in:

Edited by caesar novus

On 4/25/2024 at 1:08 AM, Crispina said:

Oh, guess I remembered wrong. I thought you led tourists on tours of the wall. Do you have photos of your models? 

I did have some of them on the Gallery although I'm not sure they are there now. I will try to find some!