UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Excerpt From My Novel Set In The Late Republic

Skarr

All,

For those who are interested, I thought I will post an extract of the exciting Prologue to my new novel, "Barbarians in the Republic - The Long Journey to Rome". Primus Pilus has featured this on the Roman Book list page and I thought it might be a good idea to publish this extract here, so that you can read a sample of my writing and also decide whether or not this book is for you.

The novel will be released worldwide on September 15, 2005 according to my publisher and should be available at www.amazon.com and at a bookstore near you. I think you may have to request for a copy as shelf copies may be available only at certain stores (Borders, B&N etc. according to my publisher). Please bear with me on this as I haven't the foggiest idea how this whole business works and all I can do is write. I'm hopeless at any kind of selling or marketing and I'm hoping my work will get noticed and sell itself (wishful thinking !).

Thanks in advance for looking and hope some of you like what you read here.

Extract from "Barbarians in the Republic - The Long Journey to Rome".

[Material protected under copyright of author, Skarr One. All rights reserved. No part of this may be copied or reproduced without express permission from the author]

Begin Excerpt

Prologue

Somewhere near the borders of Germania

and Northern Gaul

Looks good Skarr,will it be available in UK bookshops?

14637[/snapback]

Thanks, longbow. Yes, it should be available worldwide. You can request it if you don't spot it on a shelf as your local bookstore should be able to easily order this for you. Unfortunately, as I'm not a big name author, bookstores will stock this on their shelves only if there's a demand from readers such as yourself.

My publisher has sent my books already to Borders / Barnes & Noble for putting it on their shelves. However, I think that since I'm relatively new, they may have one or two copies of the book on display at the most. As I said, I'm not sure how this whole publisher / bookseller deal works and I'm learning.