UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Rome Total War: Barbarian Invasion Expansion Pack

Favonius Cornelius

I forget the exact year but starts 364 I believe with Valentinian and Valens on the thrones of the western and eastern empires, until 476.

Wow, that's pretty short. Is there more turns per year?

Nope, two I believe. Ya the earlier version had more of a building theme, whereas BI kind of starts you at the gallop.

You will all laugh at this question-I stopped gaming ages ago,I enjoyed Shogun but I just felt it could have been better, I really liked all the various Dune games and played through all the Cand C games-so should I buy Rome Total War? Does it kick all these into a bucket?

You will all laugh at this question-I stopped gaming ages ago,I enjoyed Shogun but I just felt it could have been better, I really liked all the various Dune games and played through all the Cand C games-so should I buy Rome Total War? Does it kick all these into a bucket?

It kicks just about every game I know, particularly in wargame strategy, right into the bucket. It would probably end up being one of the best games you will ever played knowing your interest in Roman history and the times. Only word of caution is the game requires a robust system to run. If you could describe your computer we could give you advice on that.

AMD Athlon 64 proccessor 3200+,250 ghz , 512 RAM ( XP home edition) , about 18 months old. What do the experts think?

Its ordered!