UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Imperium Romanum Ii

Hey any people here ever play the table top game called Imperium Romanum? It's a military strategy game running from 100BC to Justinian. I've always loved it, played it before we had Rome Total War, but getting people to play it was always a near impossibility. Those old school war games had such complex rules. Funny thing was some of them insulted you with a 'Ages 12 and up' haha.

I remember seeing it before and I think I played it once....or maybe not....oh well. I'll have to look into it now. Personaly for war/board games, I perfer Axis & Allies, thats another great game, but off subject.

Axis & Allies is indeed fun. Imperium Romanum does a great job at remaking the empire wide military decision making come alive, if you can bear to remember the million rules associated with the game. It is a good memory exercize in itself! These days Rome Total War has taken over, but Imperium Romanum still has the Roman civil war theme to itself.