UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Happy Forthcoming Turkey Day

Ursus

Personally I am thankful for two - yes, count 'em - two days off from work with pay. Yay! And, no, I'm not going to be one of those fools out there on 6:am on Black Friday trying to find a DVD player for $20.

Hope you all have a safe and fun holiday.

Since I have a four day weekend I'll try to finish this book review.

And, no, I'm not going to be one of those fools out there on 6:am on Black Friday trying to find a DVD player for $20.

LOL, wimp!

At any rate, I'll echo a Happy Thanksgiving to all, including those of you overseas who are unaffected by our holiday of excessive gluttony and over indulgence :lol:

Sorry, I don't get the cd thing. Oh yay, Thanksgiving means no school.

The Friday after Thanksgiving traditionally kicks off the Christmas 'shopping season'. If you are willing to battle the angry masses and the occasional random elbow to the forehead at 5 in the morning, there are some incredible deals to be had.

Another culinary thread I see-I understand that in Turkey(the place) the Turkey ( the bird) is known as a "foreign sky chicken". Please correct me if I am mistaken.The animal's name is related to its originally exotic status-so in Britain "turkey" was deemed reasonably exotic enough :D .

And may I wish our American cousins a pleasant Thanksgiving.

Black Friday, thats a new one to me, makes a lot of sense though as I used to work in retail and that day is like hell has taken over for one day. Thanksgiving means a whole week off of school, which is great but makes no sense cause we come back all relaxed, have two weeks of classes and then finals.