UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

2005 Xmass celebrations worldwide

Pertinax

Probably a frivilous point butt his year I see a change in fashion in decorations in Britain, the foliage and associated decor is much darker and deeper in colour with a lot less gaudy additions.Looks much more sombre , like an evergreen grove.Not quite so many laughing Santas.

Edited by Pertinax

I watched a show the other day in conjunction with christmas in Britain; it was a kind of Documentary called "Grumpy Old Men", and it showed a group of extremely cynical old lads showing an extreme lack of faith in how Christmas works these days :). It was on the Australian ABC, which probably means it was lent to us by the BBC, i don't know.

As for the Santas, i think children are beginning to be a little frightened by the large amounts of men dressed in red suits and beards running around this time of year :lol:

Edited by Tobias

I watched a show the other day in conjunction with christmas in Britain; it was a kind of Documentary called "Grumpy Old Men", and it showed a group of extremely cynical old lads showing an extreme lack of faith in how Christmas works these days :romansoldier:. It was on the Australian ABC, which probably means it was lent to us by the BBC, i don't know.

As for the Santas, i think children are beginning to be a little frightened by the large amounts of men dressed in red suits and beards running around this time of year :)

They do grumpy Old Women as well-Germaine Greer is in that !