UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Suggestion

I'm a bit late on this discussion, but whatever is decided on, it seems like we have too few a number of regular posters to have much of a system beyond what we have now. Like Viggen said people come and go, a fact which should not be counted against someone and a fact which would cause complications for just about any system.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you've summed it up pretty well Favonius. The creation of a Consular "hierarchy" would just bring about chaos in the end, or at least a certain amount of dispute. I don't see anything wrong with the current system, and the current moderators seem to be able to handle the workload well.

Anyway, that's just my two bob's worth, don't let me stop reform ;)

I have to admit I do indeed like the idea of any elected system, it is a lot of fun, just maybe not practical here.

This does not mean though that it has no place at all here at UNRV. Perhaps a separate section could be made for some form of role playing game dealing with the Roman Republic for example. I've played a great many of these, and could probably whip up a rudimentary set of rules. Could be fun if you are into that sort of thing.

Perhaps a separate section could be made for some form of role playing game dealing with the Roman Republic for example. I've played a great many of these, and could probably whip up a rudimentary set of rules. Could be fun if you are into that sort of thing.

That sounds like an interesting idea, but i've detected a certain amount of dislike of the idea of turning into a roleplaying community from some of the Upper Echelons, so that idea may not be well received...;)

Perhaps a separate section could be made for some form of role playing game dealing with the Roman Republic for example. I've played a great many of these, and could probably whip up a rudimentary set of rules. Could be fun if you are into that sort of thing.

That sounds like an interesting idea, but i've detected a certain amount of dislike of the idea of turning into a roleplaying community from some of the Upper Echelons, so that idea may not be well received...

I agree Tobias, I think that if one wants to roleplay on line, there are plenty of places to do that. I like the fact that this is a place for some serious discussion, and discussion primarily.