UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

HBO Rome DVD

Viggen

FWIW, the iTunes Music Store has free downloads of interviews with the cast and creators of HBO/BBC's Rome.

MPC can you give a link at all. please?

HBO/BBC's attitude towards Rome seems to be very strange, they spend a huge amount on making the show, then they can't be bothered with the DVD release, unless of course, that they are planning on adding lots of specials features or other things that will make the DVD set worth purchasing.

The link below shows a HBO Rome DVD of the first episode only....weird.

1st Episode

Yeah I got that at a Best Buy here as a free promo thing. Think I am going to wear it out watching it lol. I don't have HBO so have never seen the rest but would buy them. Hope there is a release soon. Edited by Horatius

• 3 weeks later...

"Rome."

HBO's most ambitious and expensive series to date arrives onto DVD on August 15th. Spread over six discs, all twelve episodes of Rome: The Complete First Season will be presented in anamorphic widescreen and Dolby Digital 5.1.

The bonus materials will include eight audio commentary tracks with the cast & crew; "All Roads Lead To Rome" interactive onscreen guide prepared by the series' historical consultant Jonathan Stamp; "Shot x Shot: Caesar's Triumph" and "Shot x Shot: Gladiator" featurettes detailing the productions of two key sequences from episodes 10 and 11; "The Rise of Rome" behind-the-scenes on the sets, wardrobe and actors' boot camp; "When In Rome" featurette on Roman culture; "Friends, Romans, Countrymen" introduction to the characters; photo gallery with 50 never-before-seen images; an 8-page "Roman Character Guide" booklet featuring names, profiles, relationships and other key information. Retail will be $99.98. Click the cover for a super-size look at the packaging!"

http://www.davisdvd.com/news/tv.html

.... a hundred freakin' dollars?

Somewhere between

.... a hundred freakin' dollars?

There goes getting a good historical set down the drain...again. I understand if you put it at 49.99 or even 59.99 dollars but this is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure the professional athletes would not be interested in buying it like we would! ;)

By the time the price goes down, there will be another movie and Rome will no longer be a hot commodity.

As it will be sometime before it appears on Australian TV, and when it does it will probably be heavily cut, I'll order it as soon as it's out.

As it will be sometime before it appears on Australian TV, and when it does it will probably be heavily cut, I'll order it as soon as it's out.

I pre-ordered the series at Amazon for $ 69.99 [free shipping] .. Just type Rome first season in the search box and the page will show up. UK buyers, you should have a friend in the US pre-order this for you and ship it via Media Mail to the UK.