UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

World Politics

Since there's been a few exchanges of ideas lately about politics, I thought I might as well create one.

I don't really have much to say except that yes, Americans know they are hated around the world by many. I don't know if its the we are still a superpower mentality that drives foreign nations crazy. Nevertheless, I believe we are actually doing good for other countries through promoting democracy, security, humanitarian missions.

Nevertheless, I believe we are actually doing good for other countries through promoting democracy, security, humanitarian missions.

I guess there are 3 billion who agree and 3 billion who disagree, but regardless on what one thinks about the USA, this thread is a classic example of a "dont feed the trolls topic", and i can assure you i will use my mod-hammer very quickly in closing this if it gets only slightly out of hand...

regards

viggen

I think the world would be a better place if I ruled it.

Does anyone want to proclaim me god-king on earth?

Well....as a pragmatic Roman er.....yes, hail God-King -Emperor - Patron ! Can I come over for dinner at your house? I prefer my dormice well done and very expensive wines, also my daughter is unmarried. And your portrait makes you look very young.

Edited by Pertinax

Ok , I give in. you want a serious reply? Well Ursus is God-Emperor.

secondly-if you are a confident world power that has decided on a course of action , either you carry through that action without apology, as you have decided to act and you are stronger and more virtuous than anyone else,-or you are not confident, in which case you stay home and do nothing.

sorry Ursus, I don't care to proclaim you god-king. How ever personaly I feel that I must be named Emperor of America, and from there I can take over the world.

Or maybe I could be allowed comand of Islamic Radical forces and use them for somethign worth while other than meaningless (in my opinion) destruction.

Anyways, sorry to be off topic. Just wondering right now though, for world politics, what are anyone's opinions about the Iran Nuclear situation and the whispers of us going to war?

Anyways, sorry to be off topic. Just wondering right now though, for world politics, what are anyone's opinions about the Iran Nuclear situation and the whispers of us going to war?

I doubt we need invade Iran. Combat their influences in Iraq, yes. If they do continue their program, it will only turn into Korea, and that wouldn't be good for their economy with all the bans and restrictions that would ultimately be imposed.

The only way I see it is a rebellion in their country because the majority of the Iranian population is mostly young adults and they are very pro to Western ideals.

Edited by FLavius Valerius Constantinus

I'm more so worried about our government making a response without significant provokation by the Iranians. In a few years the Iranians will be ruled by the young adults, though if a civil war happens I think America will step in, and that might make things bad, considering our government would side with the young adult rebels, which would be a furthur provocation to islamic radicals and other groups such as korea, etc. Not to mention the group we would be fighting would undoubtably have control of the nukes, which could end very badly.

Not to mention the group we would be fighting would undoubtably have control of the nukes, which could end very badly.

The use of nukes as a deterrent is scary any day, but I doubt nations would have the guts to do it because it would only result in having their own country destroyed. Example: US has a couple of thousands(the numbers are down from the SALT and other treaties) nukes, Korea has probably several. Now who would win that war.

US has a couple of thousands(the numbers are down from the SALT and other treaties) nukes, Korea has probably several. Now who would win that war.

Niether party would win that conflict.

US has a couple of thousands(the numbers are down from the SALT and other treaties) nukes, Korea has probably several. Now who would win that war.

Niether party would win that conflict.

That's the wisest answer I've seen Germanicus. Most ppl would say the US, but having tremendous amounts of people dying is never a win.

The whole world would be dealing with the fallout problem for generations to come. So not only would the two perpetrators be screwed, they'd shaft the rest of the world too.....nice.