UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Pumpkin Seed Oil

Viggen

Viggen-I am aware of the product but I didnt realise it was Austrian, I like it ! Very good for prostate health and any repair to damaged flesh . You may have seen the commercial "Udo's Choice" oil of Udo Erasmus which is even more expensive and is "an acquired taste" :) ( I couldnt find a "yuck " smiley). I encourage members to try the pumpkin oil I think it has a pleasant nutty tang, and it will keep your regenerative capabilities fine tuned.

thanks for the link. 40 pumpkins per litre! A lot of leftover soup then.

AD more on the Argan please , that is a new name to me.

NB: a little chemical checking tells me this is a seriously powerful source of Gamma Linoleic Acid

Edited by Pertinax

I have had it in the house from time to time and can luckily get a bottle (domestic not Austrian) for under $10 at the Dekalb International Farmer's Market here in Atlanta.

What I do eat the devil out of however is 'pepitas' or pumpkin seeds. I love them... I recently had a pork mole where the base of the mole was pureed pepitas. Delicious!

And men, whether it be the oil or the seed, it's great for your prostate as well I believe.

Edited by Pantagathus

I love pumpkin seeds roasted with a little salt (DON'T buy them in the store, get them right out of the pumpkin and DON'T wash them first. That "goo" on them is where most of the good flavor is. Just spread them on a tray and pop them in the oven for a few mins untill they're golden brown...)

Wasabi is great to clear out your sinuses, however it is an aquired taste and somewhat hard to find. ::munches wasabi coated peanuts::

AD more on the Argan please , that is a new name to me.

NB: a little chemical checking tells me this is a seriously powerful source of Gamma Linoleic Acid

All right, Pertinax, here are my two notes on the subject:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/dalby/texts/ArganOil.html

As you read, notice the special use traditionally made of goats to extract the nuts from this inaccessible fruit! Since writing these notes I have found that you can buy argan oil 'en vrac' (from the barrel) at some Paris markets. Who knows, maybe at Borough Market in London? That's the kind of place.

am experiencing problems posting-thanks AD -my longer reply failed to post-will try again later

civet cat coffee was what I tried to mention!

Edited by Pertinax