UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Da Vinci Code Movie

Viggen

This kind of thing is fine comming from you Rameses...in fact it's expected.

Look for the sake of these people I wont get in a spat with you. You could have sent me a personal mail. You like to attack me so its not a surprise for me...in fact its expected.

P.S. I'm 15 years old so I am a bit you know :D still you should treat me with some respect.

Edited by Rameses the Great

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This kind of thing is fine comming from you Rameses...in fact it's expected.

Look for the sake of these people I wont get in a spat with you. You could have sent me a personal mail. You like to attack me so its not a surprise for me...in fact its expected.

P.S. I'm 15 years old so I am a bit you know :D still you should treat me with some respect.

Calling Da Vinci a hack and a con artist, a man considered among the great geniuses of history, quite frankly sets you up for criticism. His artistic ability, whether one likes it or not, is not reflective of his other work.

Now if you want to call Dan Brown a hack for writing the Da Vinci Code and giving the impression of it being non fictional... that's another matter entirely. Da Vinci, however should not be blamed for being part of the subject of this book whether he had some actual hidden agenda or not. (Which has not been proven despite other claims).

I think the main thing is is that the Catholic are bad guys in the book ....

:D

The main thing is that Jesus had sex... Pure and simple

I'd like to add that what Brown did is not much different from the time tested template of Clive Cussler. Take somebodies theory, crackpot or not, based on fact or not and write a thriller on top of it. Viola! Here's a Million $$$ for you...

It's only because this involves religion that people are treating it differently.

Edited by Pantagathus

Smart guy, though. He's laughing all the way to the bank. I really need to break into mass market paperback someday.

The sad thing is, with all the success he gained from the book, the fiction he wrote has gone to his head and rewired him into believing all the nonsense he wrote is historically accurate.

Sooner or later, he success on criticial issues as a fictional novelist will deprive him of any "academical" credibility in the land of scholars.

Thank God this book hasn't hit the level of popularity of Harry Potter has, otherwise there would be an annoying cult of Da Vinci conspiracists.

Edited by FLavius Valerius Constantinus

Thank God this book hasn't hit the level of popularity of Harry Potter has, otherwise there would be an annoying cult of Da Vinci conspiracists.

I thought there was ? If I had a cent for every person who has read the DaVinci Code and nothing else, I'd be as well off as Dan Brown right now. Wasn't it in Oprahs book club ? Everything she puts on the list goes best seller overnight.

I thought there was ? If I had a cent for every person who has read the DaVinci Code and nothing else, I'd be as well off as Dan Brown right now. Wasn't it in Oprahs book club ? Everything she puts on the list goes best seller overnight.

But then again, Germanicus, if you had really thoughtful imaginations(controversial or just a shocking claim) about the story of Christ and the Church, you could easily publish a book and earn decently enough due to the mainstream media and Christian America.

I think the main thing is is that the Catholic are bad guys in the book ....

<_<

The main thing is that Jesus had sex... Pure and simple

I'd like to add that what Brown did is not much different from the time tested template of Clive Cussler. Take somebodies theory, crackpot or not, based on fact or not and write a thriller on top of it. Viola! Here's a Million $$$ for you...

It's only because this involves religion that people are treating it differently.

You have no evidence to support the statement that he had sex.... and btw im not a catholic fanatic even though i am catholic... lol

I did read "Da Vinci Code" and found it a good thriller, one written with a view to make a buck and little else.

The author offers little or no insight and I found the so-called climatic portions of the novel, anticlimatic and can't understand what the fuss is all about, from a modern perspective.

However, it just goes to show that only a few people are truly living in modern times as there are thousands, if not millions, who are still trapped in some sort of time capsule, a victim of archaic beliefs and thoughts that still seem to 'possess' their senses.

As long as people continue to be trapped by the legacy of the past, no real progress will be possible, especially in terms of dogmatic beliefs that are the bane of our 21st century existence.