UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Indiana Jones Part 4

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,9412,00.html

It's almost time for Harrison Ford to start dusting off the old fedora.

Indiana Jones is definitely coming back for a fourth installment.

A spokesman for Steven Spielberg confirmed Tuesday that the director and fellow Indiana Jones mastermind George Lucas have come up with a story, and Ford has agreed to reprise his famous role.

An earlier report from FoxNews.com columnist Roger Friedman raised hopes the trio might begin the project as early as this year. During a Golden Globes party, Friedman tracked down Spielberg, who said, "We have a title, but we're not ready to announce it," Spielberg said. "I will give you one clue, though. Kate is in it."

Problem is, that article is over 2 years old... :)

I'm not too sure that I would be rooting for an aging Indiana Jones. Maybe he could be a mentor in the movie and let a young blade take his place in some hair raising adventures.

The first movie "Raiders of the Lost Ark" is still the best, in my opinion, especially for the spectacular opening sequence in South America. Those scenes will never be topped and one unforgettable sequence is, of course, the rolling stone ball as Jones makes his way out of the labyrinth. No matter how many times you watch it, you still feel the thrill and excitement of Ford's journey into the unknown, as he carefully steps his way to claim the golden idol.

The first movie "Raiders of the Lost Ark" is still the best, in my opinion, especially for the spectacular opening sequence in South America. Those scenes will never be topped and one unforgettable sequence is, of course, the rolling stone ball as Jones makes his way out of the labyrinth. No matter how many times you watch it, you still feel the thrill and excitement of Ford's journey into the unknown, as he carefully steps his way to claim the golden idol.

Indeed truly a great film. I know we toss that phrase around a bit too loosely, but its hard to argue with Indiana Jones as an action/adventure classic.

I'm still ok with Harrison Ford reprising his role as the main star... provided they write the script to recognize his current age and try not to fool us into some other 'alternate reality'. :)