UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Julius Caesar

Guest -SecretDesign^

Guest -SecretDesign^

Hey was wondering if any1 could help with this question i was given. i need to be able to write 600 word essay on this.

Evaluate the following statement.

"Caesar was an opportunist, not a champion of the people who used his intellect to protect the interests of the masses"

Also, was he a military genuis?

Any help would be great Thanks.

Edited by -SecretDesign^

How much do I get for writing your essay for you? :P:D:lol:

How much do you know about Caesar?

Advance some ideas of your own and i'll certainly comment on them, but there's no evidence that you have done any work on this yourself yet. So what will you get out of it? Where is the learning for you?

Look at it this way, I could spin you a load of rubbish and how would you know?

Phil

Guest -SecretDesign^
How much do I get for writing your essay for you? :P:D:lol:

How much do you know about Caesar?

Advance some ideas of your own and i'll certainly comment on them, but there's no evidence that you have done any work on this yourself yet. So what will you get out of it? Where is the learning for you?

Look at it this way, I could spin you a load of rubbish and how would you know?

Phil

lol

I've learnt about Caesar for weeks now, and this question 1 for for preparation of a unseen exam coming up. With regards to that statement I think he was mainly an opportunist, he disregarded traditions, rules and decorum, he also helped in the fall on the Republic and had very high expectations of himself which made him resort to anything to get his power. But on the other hand he could have been doing for the people he was dedicated, determined and also the reforms he introduced while he was appionted dictator for 10 years.

couldnt word that right but hope understand what i think on this. In the exam i hope to take 1 side on Caesar and do it great. I asked the question to see parts that i maybe be missing about him.

:S :S :S

Nice to see at someone out there hasn't been snowed by Caesar's two-millenium propaganda machine! Take a look at the two threads that PP indicated. Or--just do a search by my name, and you'll find a wealth of 100% True and Accurate arguments against Caesar. :lol:

They need to somehow make school tougher in the information age.

It's easier to find information than ever before, but the student's job isn't easier overall--now they have to digest all that information and organize it into something intellient to stand out. I for one am glad if this is the new metric for judging student performance--intelligently mobilizing evidence for arguments is the hardest (but most needed) intellectual work that there is.