UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Ancient Rome

Guest Maria27

Guest Maria27

hey ive been browsing this site for hours over the last couple of times ive been on, its full of great info and seems very accurate but, i was wondering if anyone knows other good sites on ancient rome, hopefully focusing more on the first centuries BC and AD.

all help appreciated :)

thanks

hey ive been browsing this site for hours over the last couple of times ive been on, its full of great info and seems very accurate but, i was wondering if anyone knows other good sites on ancient rome, hopefully focusing more on the first centuries BC and AD.

all help appreciated :D

thanks

Googling a specific topic can be helpful rather than searching such broad themes as "Roman Empire", "Ancient Rome", etc. What in particular are you looking for?

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

One area that I can recommend is the Lake Nemi area. It is located in the Alban Hills. This is where 2 of Caligulas "Pleasure barges" were found, brought up, and the remains of them (after the fire) are located. (also remains from the ships in various museums around Rome as well) There was also a Temple of Diana and her sacred grove located on the Northern shore of the Lake. You can still find a large platform with niches still there up against the cliffs. There is also a huge drainage tunnel that is located there that was used to control the level of the water in the lake. Very modern for the time it was built. The drainage tunnel is in the SW portion of the Lake.

Plus this area is beautiful, especially around sunset or at night!