UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Vulcan

I don't know about Daisy Duke's on Venus but Vulcan let's his ass hang out...

As Seen Here

I'm saddened even by the notion that many people probably think the park is named for Mr. Spock and can't figure out the relationship between Leonard Nimoy and the statue. Hopefully the park is so deeply entrenched in Birmingham tradition that I am completely off base. Not sure why this struck me... perhaps its my natural cynical outlook on the collective knowledge/intelligence of humanity?

Anyway, Vulcan seems to be appropriately unattractive even if he appears to be lacking major deformities. :shocking:

Hopefully the park is so deeply entrenched in Birmingham tradition that I am completely off base.

For the Birmingham folks, you have nothing to worry about. They know without a doubt the connection between the Roman Vulcan and his modern patronage of their once heavy steel producing town. Also, as a testament to authenticity, Vulcan was designed and crafted by an Italian.

As for visitors to the town... You are more than likely right.

Vulcan was designed and crafted by an Italian.

NATURALLY!

I'm saddened even by the notion that many people probably think the park is named for Mr. Spock and can't figure out the relationship between Leonard Nimoy and the statue.

He was a Vulcan on that long running Star Wars type program on TV. Misshagin, get with it. :fish:

Star Trek!

Edited by Gaius Octavius

I'm saddened even by the notion that many people probably think the park is named for Mr. Spock and can't figure out the relationship between Leonard Nimoy and the statue.

Having seen hardcore Trekkies in action ... I have no doubt that 100 years from now there will be a Star Trek religion and Nimoy will have a statue next to Shatner and Roddenberry.

• 1 month later...

Having seen hardcore Trekkies in action ... I have no doubt that 100 years from now there will be a Star Trek religion and Nimoy will have a statue next to Shatner and Roddenberry.

Did not the Kirk say:

"Do you know the one, "All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by..." You could feel the wind at your back, about you - the sounds of the sea beneath you. And even if you take away the wind and the water, it's still the same. The ship is yours, you can feel her, and the stars are still there." -TOS, The Ultimate Computer, 53:2:34

Let us take a moment to contemplate the logic of this.

Did not the Kirk say:

"Do you know the one, "All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by..." You could feel the wind at your back, about you - the sounds of the sea beneath you. And even if you take away the wind and the water, it's still the same. The ship is yours, you can feel her, and the stars are still there." -TOS, The Ultimate Computer, 53:2:34

Let us take a moment to contemplate the logic of this.

*WHOOSH* What was all your statement meaning is ours?

;)

Hah? Is the sun getting to ohighyo? Or option B: "WHAT?, you are drinking WHAT?" :lol:

:ph34r:

"Hah? Is sun profit when ohighyo? Maybe. Or melior B : anyone , you are imbibe Anyone? Can't, walk all way to school.

:)"Got those...forced translator blues", Making fun of Engrish everywhere.

Butt....let's get back to talking about Vulcan's, or Oliver Reed's, butt!

Edited by Spurius

Hah? Is the sun getting to ohighyo? Or option B: "WHAT?, you are drinking WHAT?" :lol:

:ph34r:

"Hah? Is sun profit when ohighyo? Maybe. Or melior B : anyone , you are imbibe Anyone? Can't, walk all way to school.

:)"Got those...forced translator blues", Making fun of Engrish everywhere.

Butt....let's get back to talking about Vulcan's, or Oliver Reed's, butt!

How droll. One might say, how spurious.

Did not miss your 'butt'. WKIM. Is that what is called screaming in computerese? :lol: