UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Corn Starch Syrup

I wonder why cloves wouldn't be used in perfumes? They smell better than cinnamon! :P

Corn syrup is good! Besides that, if I'm not mistaken, its a bit healthier than plain old sugar. But I'm probably mistaken on that point :P

Well it sounds like it should be but alas....

Unfortunately it happens to be both addictive and very fattening B) , it is used to volumise many foods, and it is the reason for coca cola achieving such vast profitability.I believe its origins lie with your President Nixon ,searching for a high yield food crop to aid American self sufficiency.I denounce it as the Great Satan! Its use mysteriously coincides with the geographical range of MS, (probably as a co-factor with trans-fatty acids).

(leaves soap box)

Weve drifted away from Rome so ive split the thread! B)

I'd never thought that it was any more addictive or any more fattening than regular cane sugar (now brown sugar, *that stuff* is addictive. I could simply eat an entire bag of it with a spoon) :P

Are you sure the MS thing isn't just coincidence? If it's more than a coincidence it should be researched further..B)

Edited by Lost_Warrior

oh my...

lol I never had a copper deficiency though, I always ate a ton of liver and until I moved and we have town water, our water was green with copper B) if anything, I could have ODed on copper. My mom almost did when she was taking antibiotics which reacted to copper.

I do have to note however that though rats may be similar to humans, somehow, rats are not humans and they are also much smaller, a lethal dose of anything for a rat probably isn't enough to do much harm to a human.

Moral: Make your own food whenever and wherever possible.

amen to that.

Moral: Make your own food whenever and wherever possible.

Here, here.

Once I started reading up on the evils known as corn starch and corn syrup, I really started taking a hard look at the products I consume. It's amazing; I'm not much of a soda person (maybe 1-2 per month), so that never was an issue...but my favorite yogurt (Yoplait) is loaded with corn syrup, and it took me forever to find one that wasn't sweetened with (and thickened with) corn starch or corn syrup. Even the organics had it in there! I finally found a couple, but they're about $1/container (which is usually 4-6oz), and I ain't a-payin that.

But seriously...look through the foods and drinks that you consume on a daily basis, and note how high up on the ingredient list corn starch and corn syrup are. It boggles the mind.

OK then ill go serious for a moment:

reject-

corn starch

trans-fatty acids ( margarines/soft ice cream for example) they do not exist in nature, hard fats (butter, lard ,suet) are perfectly ok for active people in reasonable amounts.

deoderised and heated food oils

avoid grooming products with sodium lauryth (lauryl) sulphate ,titanium and aluminium oxides.

avoid chocolate under 70 percent cocoa fat solids

flouride in toothpaste or water ( alzheimers)

any added blue colours in food

tartrazine, aspartane.asulphamane and saccharine (evil junk)

shun plastic bottles and packaging (oestrogen)

eat cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, garlic , cayenne, clove, spelt bread, good red wine , loads of fresh fish, wild meats (venison, boar) , artichoke, spinach,leeks , scallops, olives, anything your Granny says is good !

OK ive calmed down now. :fish:

flouride in toothpaste or water ( alzheimers)

Children's Ice Cream Mendrake! :pimp:

:)

tell it like it is bro!

tell it like it is bro!

Ripper: Mandrake. Mandrake, have you never wondered why I drink only distilled water, or rain water, and only pure grain alcohol?

Mandrake: Well it did occur to me, Jack, yes.

Ripper: Have you ever heard of a thing called fluoridation? Fluoridation of water?

Mandrake: Ah, yes, I have heard of that, Jack. Yes.

Ripper: Well do you now what it is?

Mandrake: No. No, I don't know what it is. No.

Ripper: Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face. Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridated water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk, ice cream? Ice cream, Mandrake. Children's ice cream?

Mandrake: Good Lord.

Ripper: You know when fluoridation first began?

Mandrake: No. No, I don't, Jack. No.

Ripper: Nineteen hundred and forty six. Nineteen fortysix, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your postwar commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual, and certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard core commie works...

:)

Hitler was very keen on flouridation of water , as it rendered people both servile and docile.It is a poisinous bi-product of the aluminium industry and is so toxic that you cannot dump it in any waste diposal site in Europe.Oddly you can put it in water. :)