UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Racial Traits In Contemporary Italy

Virgil61

And here I must take issue with the parameters of the study. Whilst the specimens shown are certainly persuasive as evidence for a thesis purporting to prove that racial types in Italy are perhaps somewhat superior to those throughout other areas of Europe, how can any full study not take account of the male variety of the samples shown?

Good point. Exotic sexual dimorphism is ubiquitous in polyandrous and polygynous species, and what we may be sampling here is merely one tail of a curvy continuum. Or something like that.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here I must take issue with the parameters of the study. Whilst the specimens shown are certainly persuasive as evidence for a thesis purporting to prove that racial types in Italy are perhaps somewhat superior to those throughout other areas of Europe, how can any full study not take account of the male variety of the samples shown?

Good point. Exotic sexual dimorphism is ubiquitous in polyandrous and polygynous species, and what we may be sampling here is merely one tail of a curvy continuum. Or something like that.

As always, Cato, you have injected the voice of reason into an otherwise heavily biased thread. However, I still detect a leaning towards the original premise set out by the originator (Virgil). I do believe that some new evidence should be produced by those who adhere to the polyandrous societal view, rather than the heavily-weighted argument advanced by those of the polygynous stance.

My Dearest Lady of the North :notworthy: :

Dr. Xaviera Hollander of Amsterdam House has proposed such an investigation. Presently, she is soliciting competent investigators. Fees for these investigators will be commensurate with experience and ability in the field. Four years of on the job experience is the minimum requirement. All applications should be submitted to the Coyote Union.

My Dearest Lady of the North :notworthy: :

Dr. Xaviera Hollander of Amsterdam House has proposed such an investigation. Presently, she is soliciting competent investigators. Fees for these investigators will be commensurate with experience and ability in the field. Four years of on the job experience is the minimum requirement. All applications should be submitted to the Coyote Union.

I have always prided myself on being a selfless person, therefore, I think it is my duty to aid Dr. Hollander in her investigation - and it is a post that I would accept without a fee - as the interests of scholarship far outweigh any personal gratification that may be gained in undertaking such a study. My CV is in the post to the esteemed lady as we speak.

Edited by The Augusta