UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Browser For The Spelling Challenged

Primus Pilus

I downloaded and installed Firefox 2.0 yesterday without even knowing all of the included features. Today, while typing posts in the forum, I have noticed an occasional misspelled/typed word underlined in red. Trying to figure out why our forum suddenly has this feature, I realized my naivety. Lo and behold, it was the Firefox browser that includes a spell checker and not the forum software. Mind you, I have no clue if the other non IE browsers include this feature, but spelling snobs the world over should be delighted. (I am pretty sure that even the new IE 7.0 doesn't include this feature).

Mozilla/Firefox

Yes, very nice,

for all that don`t use Firefox, there is a spellchecker integrated in the forum. You can read at my blog how to set it up

I hate spellchecks. I always avoid them or disable them. Does anyone else agree with me? When those little red lines come up I find myself saying either

I knew that already! I was just going to change it! Don't interfere!

or

You're wrong! You don't understand. I really mean this!

I suppose the answer is that I suffer from a severe form of hubris.

Yes, very nice,

for all that don`t use Firefox, there is a spellchecker integrated in the forum. You can read at my blog how to set it up

I hate spellchecks. I always avoid them or disable them. Does anyone else agree with me? When those little red lines come up I find myself saying either

or

Haha you and me both AD :D

AD are you familiar with Molesworth?

Yu mite gnaw wot I meen? I fink theese fings r too makee us intwo gurlly swats.

I don't know what version of firefox I'm using but it doesn't seem to have the spellcheck.

I hate spellchecks. Generally, I mean what I type, and they tell me its spelled wrong. I hate that. Though I do find my self occasionally typing something into MS Works to get correct spelling, it's rare.

Yes, very nice,

or

hehe, remember not everyone here is a grammar guru or linguist! :lol:

cheers

viggen