UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Remembrance Day - British Military Tribute

Virgil61

For those who don't know, Remembrance Day is the American version of Veterans Day.

LINK TO VIDEO

LINK TO 2ND VIDEO entitled Lest We Forget.

LINK TO 3RD VIDEO entitled Rest in Peace.

Very moving tributes. I'll admit seeing pictures of some of the soldiers who were killed in action with their children choked me up.

RIP guys.

Edited by Virgil61

Well posted Sir. Hard to watch , but best to Remember.

Well posted Sir. Hard to watch , but best to Remember.

Thanks P, some might criticize the vids as overly sentimental but the heck with 'em. Those boys (and girl) deserve a few minutes of our time.

There is a big push by the Secretary of Vets's Affairs to have us vets start wearing our medals like the ANZAC vets do on verteran's holidays. I have all mine but have this weird feeling it would be rather awkward. I may just wear my command ball cap...

Very nice tributes.

The VA and DoD have put out press releases asking vets to do that. If I remember correctly they ask that you wear them the whole month of November. I don't have all my medals but I do have all the ribbons. I agree it would be a bit awkward, especially if you didn't see other vets doing it. Nice idea nonetheless. I have a set of minature airborne wings and a mini bronze star ribbon that I'll wear one at a time on with my suit jackets.

All the veterans at Britains Remembrance day parades wear there medals with pride,its touching to watch the old boys straighten there backs and march in step again.I'll be at the town cenotaph come Saturday to pay respects to fallen family and all other brave souls who fought for our freedom.

Chelsea Pensioner with Serving Ghurka soldiers.

chelseapensionerwithouryh1.th.jpg

Town cenotaph.

taphel3.th.jpg

Edited by longbow