UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Google Earth.

Gaius Octavius

Maybe you can see The Colosseum with this:

http://by122fd.bay122.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-...f7615a885ff8634

Sorry, there is some sort of an error above and I don't know how to delete the whole message. Try Google. It is supposed to be something new.

Edited by Gaius Octavius

The Google Earth thing is really great, and it does indeed show the colloseum perfectly - and several other places of interest. Turn to the 'gallery' section of this forum, flick back to page 4 of the Roman section, for some interesting results I obtained a few months back. To me the most interesting views are of Italian towns where the amphitheatres have been totally covered by later buildings, but still retain their plans - such as the arena at Lucca, and the Piazza Navona in Rome. The little known amphitheatre at Pozzuoli (Napoli) is particularly staggering in its beauty.

Problem is, it has 'high res' areas, and 'low res' ones. Hadrian Wall is in a low res area, apart from its eastern end. Again, the mighty arena at Verona shows up just as a tantalising eliptical blur.

EDIT: Following the entry of an image of the theatre at Amman, it is now on page one.

Edited by Northern Neil

N.N., can you post a good link to that Google site?

Wilco, Octavius. Here goes...

http://earth.google.com/