UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Primus Pilus

Spam Notice

To everyone:

Some of you may or may not have noticed that our forum (as are all such forums) is constantly targeted by spam accounts in order to post links to various targeted websites. Some of these are harmless but irritating attempts at free advertising. However, some may post links to "adult" content or other less desirable targets.

In any case, please do ignore these posts/threads if you should happen to see them. Don't bother replying (they are generally just automated 'bots' anyway) or following the links. They have been and will continue to be purged from the forum as quickly as they appear.

A NOTE ON EMAIL ACCOUNTS AND FORUM REGISTRATION

Because certain email providers are highly susceptible to spam accounts, we have had to and will continue to ban these particular email accounts for new registrations. I will not list the email providers that have been banned here, nor will I discuss it (as several are legitimate and major providers that just happen to be overly targeted by spammers due to free access and wide availability). However, as some of these are major providers, potential new members of the UNRV forum may find that they cannot complete site registration using their very legitimate email account.

If you are having problems registering a new forum account or changing existing accounts, please contact me directly via email... primuspilus@unrv.com. We can manually work around the ban. (And please, no spam ;):blink: )

• Like 2

Private message spam will not be tolerated any more than public message spam. Please notify me as soon as possible if you receive such messages so the offender can be removed.

Thank You.

...due to the massive amount of spam attacks we had to put from today on all new forum members (slaves) on moderator status...

...the good news is that from today 3 approved posts will be sufficient (down from 10) to become a Plebeian and free to post unmoderated,

we had to take this drastic measure to keep our forum spam free...

cheers

viggen