UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Romanian Scammer on eBay.

In country of Kazakhstan, this Vlauduz is great hero! He fool many peoples on the eBay to show what big khram he has. He is, how you say?, big eBay rapist! High five!

Never used eBay and now I am getting e-mails about my 'account'. Anyone else?

I have, in the past. However, I do have an active eBay account. The key is that authentic eBay email will *always* address you by name ("Dear Member," etc, is a giveaway that it's fake). Also, the same message will be in your "My Messages" section of your "My eBay" page.

As to how/why you got the email in the first place, the sender really is "f(ph)ishing." (Hundreds of)Thousands of people have eBay accounts, so a generic spammer's address list will suffice for a phishing message; if you get other kinds of spam, then it's not surprising you'd get this kind.

"We are working closely with Romanian law enforcement. ... He's a well-known fraudster there" - from romanians news reports this looks like wishfull thinking, nobody knows who he is.

The replies to the article show that this is a bigger and older problem. I'm distrustful of anything having to do with the Internet and my money.

This guy did not look like being up to fraud showing off like this, but I met some time ago a guy who was in a scaming scheme.

They were spoted by FBI, tracked down by the romanian intelligence service and arrested by the police. Funny enough, he told me that one of the prosecutors asked for mIRC to be called for interogation.

In country of Kazakhstan, this Vlauduz is great hero! He fool many peoples on the eBay to show what big khram he has. He is, how you say?, big eBay rapist! High five!

I don't know what his status in Kazakhstan is, but if romanian autorithies find him he is going to spend some time in a computer free enviroment.

I don't know what his status in Kazakhstan is, but if romanian autorithies find him he is going to spend some time in a computer free enviroment.

It's a Borat reference. Isn't the DVD out now?

Borat? You mean that famous succes movie that was partially shot in Romania? Never heard of it! :unsure:

Borat? You mean that famous succes movie that was partially shot in Romania? Never heard of it! :)

Yep, the DVD came out last Tuesday in the U.S.

:lol: Kosmo, have you ever been to Glod?

-- Nephele

In "glod" (mud) I've been, but in that village I did not and I have no plans to go. The competition for ugly places it's high around here.

I've been to a gypsy village near Bucharest. Here are some pictures I found on the web. The place it's really amazing because of the gypsy palaces, but they are hardly visible in the pictures. A fine example of nomad arhitecture.

http://www.jeremysuttonhibbert.com/feature...?fldfeatures=23

BTW gypsies are called in PC language "Roma" like in United Nations of Roma Victrix :(

Those people got very rich thru the largely illegal scrap metal trade. A lucrative bussines in the moment when the huge industrial plants went out of bussines.

The village it's full of black BMW and Mercedes and they have drivers for the cars because being illiterate they can't get driver licenses.

A "funny" event took place when several horse driven carts full of scrap metal were crossing overcrowded Bucharest. They were stopped by police for ruining the traffic and the police was shocked to see that the scrap metal was WW2 ammunition. :blowup:

• 2 weeks later...

Not really. In european penal codes there is no such punishment. If he didnt steal any monay there is rather law chance that he can go to jail.