UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Virtual St Paddy's Party!

Nephele

The 17th is this Saturday, but why wait? I say, start the partying early! :drunk:

Who wants to hand out the virtual beer? Who'll be in charge of the virtual corned beef and cabbage platters? Any volunteers for serving wenches? (To be a serving wench -- not to hand out serving wenches.)

I'll be in charge of name tags (naturally!). Because everyone MUST be a virtual Irishman (or Irishwoman) on the 17th, y'all are going to need blanagrammed Gaelic names.

I'll hand out a couple right now...

The Augusta shall be known as

"Sligo Katie"

(ligakoesst -s +i)

Ursus shall be known as

Barry Megee

(eeeryajmrb -j +g)

Anyone else want to join the party? If you scramble your name for me, I'll blanagram you into an Irish hellraiser. :ph34r:

-- Annella McPhee (a.k.a. Nephele)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My father in law's birthday is on the 17th but I don't think he'll need your magic for a name change, he's called Paddy Evans!

Here's mine, do your worst Anella McPhee.

NIEAGRLVFYANE

I'm always up for a Guinness!

*Annella McPhee passes a tankard of Guinness to Barry Megee*

I'll handle the food-smiley-005.gif

I'm sure you will, G.O. You need an Irish name, as well. A blanagram of your alter ego, Edmund Blackadder, lands you with the name of...

"Drunken Dab" McDade

Edmund Blackadder -b +n

My father in law's birthday is on the 17th but I don't think he'll need your magic for a name change, he's called Paddy Evans!

GPM, birthday hails to your dad-in-law! You're right, you can't get more Irish than "Paddy Evans"! :ph34r:

Now to Gaelicize you...

"Blarney Gaiven"

NIEAGRLVFYANE -f +b

arg-dancing-irish-green-on-black-url.gif

-- Annella McPhee (aka Nephele)

Thanks for the name. My grandmother's mother supposedly came off the boat from Ireland.

Same here with me, although she crossed the Irish sea and not the Atlantic Ocean. Saves on travel time!

I'm curious what my Gaelic name would be:

dfadydoniawsneav.

Woo-hoo, early party!!!

:drunk: :pimp: :wine:

Party on, everyone!

Decimus Caesar, shorter scrambles work best for this one. Can you give me a scramble without your middle name included? Thanks! :wine:

EDIT: DecimusCaesar, I found your original scramble (first & middle name) from the Hidden Roman Name topic. So, here you go! Your Gaelic name is...

Paddy O'Dwain

fdadydnawio -f +p

Edited by Nephele Carnalis

Sligo Katie checking in Nephele! (I love that name) :wine:

I have some Irish ancestry too - although my McKeowns were pesky Presbyterians from the north. I can still down a few pints of Guinness and will be happy to join in the party. My great-grandparents married on St. Pat's. :beer:

Sligo Katie checking in Nephele! (I love that name) :ph34r:

I have some Irish ancestry too - although my McKeowns were pesky Presbyterians from the north. I can still down a few pints of Guinness and will be happy to join in the party. My great-grandparents married on St. Pat's. :beer:

I'm especially pleased with your name, Sligo Katie. I think that was one of my best efforts. :lol:

I haven't a speck of Irish ancestry in me, so y'all can make up for me at the party. Party on!

:wine: We need some more guests! Who else wants to be Gaelicized?

Gaius Octavius and Gaius Paulinus Maximus, I think we should invite your ladies to the party. We could always use a few extra colleens...

G.O.'s lady:

Jesmaine Kilgour

mgalujimoerisen -m +k

GPM's lady:

"Flashy Arleena"

ehyrrnslaaafe -r +l

r90221.jpgr90221.jpgr90221.jpgr90221.jpg