UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Guess the ancient city!

Maladict

Well, since we are hitting page number 100 quite soon (and I won't be home so I've got to do this now):

Correct answers:

Maladict: IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII

Bryaxis Hecatee: IIIII IIIII IIIII

Klingan: IIIII IIIII IIII

Asclepiades: IIIII IIIII IIII

WotWotius: IIIII IIIII II

Ummidia Quadratilla: IIIII II

G-Manicus: IIIII I

Kosmo: IIIII I

Nephele: IIIII I

Northern Neil: IIIII

Melvadius: IIIII

GhostOfClayton: IIII

Miguel: III

Aurelia: III

M. Porcius Cato: II

Viggen: II

Noricum: II

Auris Arrectibus: II

Mosquito: II

Gaius Paulinus Maximus: II

Marcus Silanus: I

Sylla: I

The Augusta: I

Gaius Octavius: I

Caldrail: I

Pantagathus: I

Traianus: I

Vibius Tiberius Costa: I

Guesses:

Pictures posted:

Guesses per picture:

Banned participants:

:clapping:

Nice work Klingan!Pretty impressive stats!How long did that take you?

Pass!

Well, a little less then an hour. Not too long.

Thanks to all participants! B) Great stuff, Klingan,thanks a lot. Let's reminisce over Portus again, shall we? :P And if you get bored again, find me this one: Which picture took the most guesses?

Or the temple of Venus at Baalbek? :P

I was thinking about figuring out some other stats, like most guesses (I think that might be the bridge in Spain or one of Asclepiades tricky ones), percent of correct guesses per member, correct guesses between member groups and so on but, well, going to Naples for a dig Monday. Had to pack.

Could the picture show part of the dig at the roman part of Cumae, close to Napoli ?

Holy [censored by legatii, don't use that kind of word, bad Klingon]! That easy? Correct, your turn.

I was thinking about figuring out some other stats, like most guesses (I think that might be the bridge in Spain or one of Asclepiades tricky ones), percent of correct guesses per member, correct guesses between member groups and so on but, well, going to Naples for a dig Monday. Had to pack.

There was, of course, the one we never did get! Remember that?

Yep, I saw it when I counted and was like, ehm, uh, oh (keep on looking for correct answers). Sort of unexpected- Too bad most of/almost all of the old pictures are gone by now.

I'm intrigued by 'banned participants'. . . and I'm also fairly certain that Melvadius shouldn't withdraw simply because he knows the answer. That is being too much of a gentleman. It's like that Jamaican sprinter withdrawing from the 100m because he's faster than everyone else.

Edited by GhostOfClayton

It's Asclepiades and Mosquito (both damnatio).

Well, M. has sort of an advantage as I leave a message in the mod section every time I go to a dig, telling them where I'm going. Looking in the area around such sites might be very profitable.

It's Asclepiades and Mosquito (both damnatio).

I think you may have accidently missed Sylla from this list

Well, M. has sort of an advantage as I leave a message in the mod section every time I go to a dig, telling them where I'm going. Looking in the area around such sites might be very profitable.

I don't always guess correctly the first time but it somehow feels like taking an unfair advantage ..... mind you with the top half dozen or so's track record I sometimes feel that I should take it :naughty:

Could the picture show part of the dig at the roman part of Cumae, close to Napoli ?

Bloody hell, I've been there and I don't recognize it. Dementia must be setting in :(

Klingan, what site are you going to be working on?

You don't even want to know, trust me B)

Try me

Pompeii V.I. I know that we are to do some work in Casa di Caecilius Iucundus (for digital documentation), possibly something in Casa del Torello and excavations in some taverns around the block. Should be fun, although I' not quite sure how to face it. I have a feeling, in one way, that fieldwork in Pompeii might be overrated. Now, don't get me wrong, it'll be great, but it's also a messy site with shit loads of tourists. I kind of try to do it as any other excavation I've been to.